SAAC “Thinks Pink” with Empire 8
On October 5, the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) sponsored the Empire 8 Athletic Conference Breast Cancer Awareness Event.
As part of the event, SAACs and teams from across the Empire 8 Athletic Conference participate in various promotional activities throughout the fall season, to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research in their local areas.
The students sold t-shirts and bracelets at the Fisher field hockey vs. Washington and Jefferson game as well as the Fisher football vs. Frostburg State game. The committee also sold raffle tickets, selecting three participants who threw a football 15 yards into a target before the football game. The winner made two out of three throws, and won a $100 gift card to the Back Nine Grill.
To date, the committee has raised $1,821.00 and they will continue t-shirt and bracelet sales throughout October. All proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner