SAAC “Thinks Pink” with Empire 8
On October 5, the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) sponsored the Empire 8 Athletic Conference Breast Cancer Awareness Event.
As part of the event, SAACs and teams from across the Empire 8 Athletic Conference participate in various promotional activities throughout the fall season, to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research in their local areas.
The students sold t-shirts and bracelets at the Fisher field hockey vs. Washington and Jefferson game as well as the Fisher football vs. Frostburg State game. The committee also sold raffle tickets, selecting three participants who threw a football 15 yards into a target before the football game. The winner made two out of three throws, and won a $100 gift card to the Back Nine Grill.
To date, the committee has raised $1,821.00 and they will continue t-shirt and bracelet sales throughout October. All proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program