SAAC “Thinks Pink” with Empire 8
On October 5, the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) sponsored the Empire 8 Athletic Conference Breast Cancer Awareness Event.
As part of the event, SAACs and teams from across the Empire 8 Athletic Conference participate in various promotional activities throughout the fall season, to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research in their local areas.
The students sold t-shirts and bracelets at the Fisher field hockey vs. Washington and Jefferson game as well as the Fisher football vs. Frostburg State game. The committee also sold raffle tickets, selecting three participants who threw a football 15 yards into a target before the football game. The winner made two out of three throws, and won a $100 gift card to the Back Nine Grill.
To date, the committee has raised $1,821.00 and they will continue t-shirt and bracelet sales throughout October. All proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History