SAAC “Thinks Pink” with Empire 8
On October 5, the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) sponsored the Empire 8 Athletic Conference Breast Cancer Awareness Event.
As part of the event, SAACs and teams from across the Empire 8 Athletic Conference participate in various promotional activities throughout the fall season, to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research in their local areas.
The students sold t-shirts and bracelets at the Fisher field hockey vs. Washington and Jefferson game as well as the Fisher football vs. Frostburg State game. The committee also sold raffle tickets, selecting three participants who threw a football 15 yards into a target before the football game. The winner made two out of three throws, and won a $100 gift card to the Back Nine Grill.
To date, the committee has raised $1,821.00 and they will continue t-shirt and bracelet sales throughout October. All proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources