SAAC “Thinks Pink” with Empire 8
On October 5, the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) sponsored the Empire 8 Athletic Conference Breast Cancer Awareness Event.
As part of the event, SAACs and teams from across the Empire 8 Athletic Conference participate in various promotional activities throughout the fall season, to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research in their local areas.
The students sold t-shirts and bracelets at the Fisher field hockey vs. Washington and Jefferson game as well as the Fisher football vs. Frostburg State game. The committee also sold raffle tickets, selecting three participants who threw a football 15 yards into a target before the football game. The winner made two out of three throws, and won a $100 gift card to the Back Nine Grill.
To date, the committee has raised $1,821.00 and they will continue t-shirt and bracelet sales throughout October. All proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems