Family Weekend Attracts 130 Fisher Families
Who devours 24 dozen candied apples? A total of 130 Fisher families attending Family Weekend 2013! Families came back to campus just one month after students moved in, and as usual, the weekend was full of back-to-back events offering something for everyone to enjoy.
The popular Casino Night, hosted by the Student Activities Board (SAB), kicked off the weekend. Over 60 families tried their luck at the casino-style games, all in the name of fun.
A total of 142 students were recognized in the Dean’s Awards Ceremonies. For the School of Arts and Sciences and Wegmans School of Nursing ceremony, Dr. Francisco Plata, Assistant Professor of Spanish and recipient of the 2013 Full-Time Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence award recipient, was the speaker. Dr. Randall Krieg, Provost and Dean of the College, served as the speaker for the ceremony recognizing students from the School of Business and Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
Student athletes were very busy this weekend as well, with the field hockey, baseball, football, and JV men’s soccer teams all playing at home. During the football game, the Hospitality Tent was full of families enjoying a variety of activities and fall fun.
To end the weekend, Fisher Players hosted the popular Murder Mystery brunch, and invited families to a wedding ceremony and reception. After spending time trying to decide “who did it,” it was discovered that the brother of the groom was the perpetrator.
Special thanks to the Office of Campus Life, Campus Ministry, Fisher Players, Student Activities Board, Resident Student Association, the Class of 2015, Lackmann Culinary Services, and the Athletics Department for planning another successful family weekend.
Families enjoying the hospitality tent.
The bride and the groom at the Murder Mystery brunch!
The Fisher Players wedding party.
Latest College News Stories
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members