Business Student Receives Scholarship
Zackery Miller, a senior Finance major and Accounting minor, has been named a 2013 Turnaround Management Association (TMA) scholarship recipient. Miller received the scholarship at the TMA Upstate New York Chapter meeting and Annual Student Night on Thursday, October 17, which was co-hosted by JC Jones & Associates, LLC, at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
The award is given to students who, at the recommendation of a faculty member, demonstrate sound character, academic achievement, and potential for future success. This marked the 12th year where up to five scholarships, ranging from $500 to $1,500, were awarded to students across Western New York. Miller was nominated by Dr. Merouane Lakehal-Ayat, Professor of Finance in the School of Business.
As a member of the Investment Club, Miller is currently competing in the Adirondack Cup, an initiative through which 18 undergraduate and graduate students from participating universities throughout New York and New England can create their own hypothetical small cap portfolio for six months.
Currently, Miller is interning at First American Equipment Finance, a technology equipment financing and asset management company in Fairport. He works with senior management to research industry and competitor trends, as well as provide marketing support to the sales department. He feels that the unique opportunity will benefit him in the long run as he aspires to become a financial analyst in the investment banking industry, earn his CFA, and eventually, work in portfolio management.
“I am truly grateful to have received this recognition. This scholarship is a great opportunity for networking and promoting professional growth,” said Miller.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Professor’s Study Says Brands on Snapchat Need to be Relatable, Feel-Good
- The Buffalo Girl: How the heart of a Fisher graduate shaped the heart of “Four Falls of Buffalo”
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Women’s Leadership Series Event Focuses on Strengths-Based Development
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day