Business Student Receives Scholarship
Zackery Miller, a senior Finance major and Accounting minor, has been named a 2013 Turnaround Management Association (TMA) scholarship recipient. Miller received the scholarship at the TMA Upstate New York Chapter meeting and Annual Student Night on Thursday, October 17, which was co-hosted by JC Jones & Associates, LLC, at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
The award is given to students who, at the recommendation of a faculty member, demonstrate sound character, academic achievement, and potential for future success. This marked the 12th year where up to five scholarships, ranging from $500 to $1,500, were awarded to students across Western New York. Miller was nominated by Dr. Merouane Lakehal-Ayat, Professor of Finance in the School of Business.
As a member of the Investment Club, Miller is currently competing in the Adirondack Cup, an initiative through which 18 undergraduate and graduate students from participating universities throughout New York and New England can create their own hypothetical small cap portfolio for six months.
Currently, Miller is interning at First American Equipment Finance, a technology equipment financing and asset management company in Fairport. He works with senior management to research industry and competitor trends, as well as provide marketing support to the sales department. He feels that the unique opportunity will benefit him in the long run as he aspires to become a financial analyst in the investment banking industry, earn his CFA, and eventually, work in portfolio management.
“I am truly grateful to have received this recognition. This scholarship is a great opportunity for networking and promoting professional growth,” said Miller.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems