Business Student Receives Scholarship
Zackery Miller, a senior Finance major and Accounting minor, has been named a 2013 Turnaround Management Association (TMA) scholarship recipient. Miller received the scholarship at the TMA Upstate New York Chapter meeting and Annual Student Night on Thursday, October 17, which was co-hosted by JC Jones & Associates, LLC, at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
The award is given to students who, at the recommendation of a faculty member, demonstrate sound character, academic achievement, and potential for future success. This marked the 12th year where up to five scholarships, ranging from $500 to $1,500, were awarded to students across Western New York. Miller was nominated by Dr. Merouane Lakehal-Ayat, Professor of Finance in the School of Business.
As a member of the Investment Club, Miller is currently competing in the Adirondack Cup, an initiative through which 18 undergraduate and graduate students from participating universities throughout New York and New England can create their own hypothetical small cap portfolio for six months.
Currently, Miller is interning at First American Equipment Finance, a technology equipment financing and asset management company in Fairport. He works with senior management to research industry and competitor trends, as well as provide marketing support to the sales department. He feels that the unique opportunity will benefit him in the long run as he aspires to become a financial analyst in the investment banking industry, earn his CFA, and eventually, work in portfolio management.
“I am truly grateful to have received this recognition. This scholarship is a great opportunity for networking and promoting professional growth,” said Miller.
Latest College News Stories
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture