Countdown to Commencement - Dusty Baker
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Childhood and Special Education major, Dusty Baker. He was nominated by Amanda Nasso, Residence Director; Kara Crosson, Residence Director; and Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Baker is a true role model and leader for the student body at Fisher. He has been a First Generation Scholar, a Resident Assistant (RA), and has also been a student worker in the library during his time here.
“If he’s going to do something, he’s going to do it well and teach others along the way,” said Nasso and Crosson.
Rodgers called Baker “a great cheerleader” in the fight against cancer at Fisher as a part of Colleges Against Cancer. He has served as the Luminaria Committee Chair, Co-President, and Senior Advisor for Relay for Life.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Dusty Baker!
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation