Countdown to Commencement - Dusty Baker
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Childhood and Special Education major, Dusty Baker. He was nominated by Amanda Nasso, Residence Director; Kara Crosson, Residence Director; and Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Baker is a true role model and leader for the student body at Fisher. He has been a First Generation Scholar, a Resident Assistant (RA), and has also been a student worker in the library during his time here.
“If he’s going to do something, he’s going to do it well and teach others along the way,” said Nasso and Crosson.
Rodgers called Baker “a great cheerleader” in the fight against cancer at Fisher as a part of Colleges Against Cancer. He has served as the Luminaria Committee Chair, Co-President, and Senior Advisor for Relay for Life.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Dusty Baker!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems