Countdown to Commencement - Dusty Baker
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Childhood and Special Education major, Dusty Baker. He was nominated by Amanda Nasso, Residence Director; Kara Crosson, Residence Director; and Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Baker is a true role model and leader for the student body at Fisher. He has been a First Generation Scholar, a Resident Assistant (RA), and has also been a student worker in the library during his time here.
“If he’s going to do something, he’s going to do it well and teach others along the way,” said Nasso and Crosson.
Rodgers called Baker “a great cheerleader” in the fight against cancer at Fisher as a part of Colleges Against Cancer. He has served as the Luminaria Committee Chair, Co-President, and Senior Advisor for Relay for Life.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Dusty Baker!
Latest College News Stories
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”
- Fisher Named to 2015 Military Friendly Schools List