Pharmacy Trio Win Award for Excellence in Assessment
The work of Wegmans School of Pharmacy faculty Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Associate Professor; Dr. Rich O’Brocta, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs; and Dr. Jane Souza, Assistant Dean for Assessment and Acting Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice & Administration; has won a 2013 Award for Excellence in Assessment from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). They will present their work at the association’s annual meeting, which takes place July 13-17 in Chicago.
Mathews, O’Brocta, and Souza focused on existing test data to document curriculum coverage and track student performance on curricular outcomes. After a pilot program, and a series of faculty development sessions on writing quality exam questions and coding them appropriately, the school began coding all test items at several levels for a full academic year. The results included data that provided information at the macro level to inform depth and density of curriculum coverage; at the course level to assess teaching effectiveness, to align course goals with programmatic goals, and to analyze the quality of test items; and at the student level to identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
Souza has also been named chair-elect for the AACP Assessment Special Interest Group, and will be installed at the meeting.
The AACP Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of academic pharmacy administrators, faculty, and staff, and each year offers 70 or more educational programs that cut across all disciplines.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year