Pharmacy Trio Win Award for Excellence in Assessment
The work of Wegmans School of Pharmacy faculty Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Associate Professor; Dr. Rich O’Brocta, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs; and Dr. Jane Souza, Assistant Dean for Assessment and Acting Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice & Administration; has won a 2013 Award for Excellence in Assessment from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). They will present their work at the association’s annual meeting, which takes place July 13-17 in Chicago.
Mathews, O’Brocta, and Souza focused on existing test data to document curriculum coverage and track student performance on curricular outcomes. After a pilot program, and a series of faculty development sessions on writing quality exam questions and coding them appropriately, the school began coding all test items at several levels for a full academic year. The results included data that provided information at the macro level to inform depth and density of curriculum coverage; at the course level to assess teaching effectiveness, to align course goals with programmatic goals, and to analyze the quality of test items; and at the student level to identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
Souza has also been named chair-elect for the AACP Assessment Special Interest Group, and will be installed at the meeting.
The AACP Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of academic pharmacy administrators, faculty, and staff, and each year offers 70 or more educational programs that cut across all disciplines.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students