Pharmacy Trio Win Award for Excellence in Assessment
The work of Wegmans School of Pharmacy faculty Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Associate Professor; Dr. Rich O’Brocta, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs; and Dr. Jane Souza, Assistant Dean for Assessment and Acting Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice & Administration; has won a 2013 Award for Excellence in Assessment from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). They will present their work at the association’s annual meeting, which takes place July 13-17 in Chicago.
Mathews, O’Brocta, and Souza focused on existing test data to document curriculum coverage and track student performance on curricular outcomes. After a pilot program, and a series of faculty development sessions on writing quality exam questions and coding them appropriately, the school began coding all test items at several levels for a full academic year. The results included data that provided information at the macro level to inform depth and density of curriculum coverage; at the course level to assess teaching effectiveness, to align course goals with programmatic goals, and to analyze the quality of test items; and at the student level to identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
Souza has also been named chair-elect for the AACP Assessment Special Interest Group, and will be installed at the meeting.
The AACP Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of academic pharmacy administrators, faculty, and staff, and each year offers 70 or more educational programs that cut across all disciplines.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair