Pharmacy Trio Win Award for Excellence in Assessment
The work of Wegmans School of Pharmacy faculty Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Associate Professor; Dr. Rich O’Brocta, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs; and Dr. Jane Souza, Assistant Dean for Assessment and Acting Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice & Administration; has won a 2013 Award for Excellence in Assessment from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). They will present their work at the association’s annual meeting, which takes place July 13-17 in Chicago.
Mathews, O’Brocta, and Souza focused on existing test data to document curriculum coverage and track student performance on curricular outcomes. After a pilot program, and a series of faculty development sessions on writing quality exam questions and coding them appropriately, the school began coding all test items at several levels for a full academic year. The results included data that provided information at the macro level to inform depth and density of curriculum coverage; at the course level to assess teaching effectiveness, to align course goals with programmatic goals, and to analyze the quality of test items; and at the student level to identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
Souza has also been named chair-elect for the AACP Assessment Special Interest Group, and will be installed at the meeting.
The AACP Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of academic pharmacy administrators, faculty, and staff, and each year offers 70 or more educational programs that cut across all disciplines.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Storms Back To Win Courage Bowl XII
- Luncheon Celebrates Courage Bowl Honorary Coaches, Cheerleaders
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Service Saturdays Help Students Give Where They Live
- C-SPAN Bus Brings Election Season to Life
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Microfluidics: A Collaboration between the Chemistry and Biology Departments
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team