Effects of American Taxpayer Relief Act Focus of Upcoming First Friday Lecture
On Friday, February 1, Lynn Mucenski-Keck and Rich Anderson, from the St. John Fisher College School of Business, will be the featured speakers for the First Friday Lecture. Their presentation is entitled, “The Fiscal Cliff Resolution: How it affects individual federal income taxes and financing opportunities.” The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Boardroom at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass followed by a breakfast.
The U.S. Congress passed legislation to avert the fiscal cliff on January 1, 2013, by passing the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012. Now we are left to understand how this Act will affect individual federal income taxpayers for the 2013 tax year. Highlights of the Act include federal income tax rate adjustments to ordinary, capital gain, and dividend income for certain individuals, a permanent AMT (Alternative Minimum Tax) Patch, and a permanent estate tax.
Mucenski-Keck, Assistant Professor, received her bachelor’s degree in accounting from Fisher in 2001, and went on to earn her master’s degree in taxation from the University of Denver. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA), she began her international tax career in Minneapolis with Ernst & Young, and then spent three years in Brussels, Belgium, as an International Tax Manager with Deloitte. She returned to the Rochester area and worked for Bausch & Lomb before joining the College in 2010. Mucenski-Keck was most recently published in the CPA Journal this past December regarding U.S. Corporate Tax Reform Proposals.
Anderson, Adjunct Faculty Member, is also a financial advisor with Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, where he specializes in personal, education, retirement, and estate planning as well as long-term care insurance and investment services. He earned his bachelor of science degree in business management from Fisher in 2001, and recently received his master of science degree in financial services from American College. He has been a member of the College’s adjunct faculty since 2004.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot A off of the main entrance to the College at East Avenue/Fairport Road. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-5292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video