Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
The Wegmans School of Nursing recently awarded Candice Job, a Family Nurse Practitioner student, with the Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year Award during the School’s Regional Nurse Practitioner Conference on November 18.
The award recipient must be a current student in the program with a 3.7 (or higher) GPA and be an active participant in legislative efforts on a local, state, and/or national level. They also must have demonstrated clinical excellence and be a Nurse Practitioner’s Association student member. Recipients also write a 500 word essay on a legislative or policy issue pertaining to Nurse Practitioners in practice in New York State today.
In Job's faculty recommendation, one faculty member noted Job’s professionalism, communication, and patient manner.
Job’s essay was titled, “Advocating for Autonomy: the Nurse Practitioners Modernization Act.”
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia