Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
The Wegmans School of Nursing recently awarded Candice Job, a Family Nurse Practitioner student, with the Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year Award during the School’s Regional Nurse Practitioner Conference on November 18.
The award recipient must be a current student in the program with a 3.7 (or higher) GPA and be an active participant in legislative efforts on a local, state, and/or national level. They also must have demonstrated clinical excellence and be a Nurse Practitioner’s Association student member. Recipients also write a 500 word essay on a legislative or policy issue pertaining to Nurse Practitioners in practice in New York State today.
In Job's faculty recommendation, one faculty member noted Job’s professionalism, communication, and patient manner.
Job’s essay was titled, “Advocating for Autonomy: the Nurse Practitioners Modernization Act.”
Latest College News Stories
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company