Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
The Wegmans School of Nursing recently awarded Candice Job, a Family Nurse Practitioner student, with the Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year Award during the School’s Regional Nurse Practitioner Conference on November 18.
The award recipient must be a current student in the program with a 3.7 (or higher) GPA and be an active participant in legislative efforts on a local, state, and/or national level. They also must have demonstrated clinical excellence and be a Nurse Practitioner’s Association student member. Recipients also write a 500 word essay on a legislative or policy issue pertaining to Nurse Practitioners in practice in New York State today.
In Job's faculty recommendation, one faculty member noted Job’s professionalism, communication, and patient manner.
Job’s essay was titled, “Advocating for Autonomy: the Nurse Practitioners Modernization Act.”
Latest College News Stories
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant