Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
The Wegmans School of Nursing recently awarded Candice Job, a Family Nurse Practitioner student, with the Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year Award during the School’s Regional Nurse Practitioner Conference on November 18.
The award recipient must be a current student in the program with a 3.7 (or higher) GPA and be an active participant in legislative efforts on a local, state, and/or national level. They also must have demonstrated clinical excellence and be a Nurse Practitioner’s Association student member. Recipients also write a 500 word essay on a legislative or policy issue pertaining to Nurse Practitioners in practice in New York State today.
In Job's faculty recommendation, one faculty member noted Job’s professionalism, communication, and patient manner.
Job’s essay was titled, “Advocating for Autonomy: the Nurse Practitioners Modernization Act.”
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems