Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Biology major, Nicholas Francisco. He was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Francisco is the definition of a dedicated student. He is dedicated both to his academics and extracurricular activities. Rodgers said he shows how a student can balance academics and activities. He is the student that is “always willing to help,” said Rodgers.
Francisco is President of the Men’s Rugby Club, Vice President of the Class of 2014, a member of Tri Beta Biological Honor Society, a science scholar, and the Club Sports Senator. He was also involved in Fisher Players as the percussionist in the pit and a member of the stage crew.
Rodgers will most remember Francisco for “always sitting on the computers in the Student Government Association (SGA) outer office, working on homework, a club activity or just playing an online game.” He also predicts that in the next five years, Francisco will have completed his doctoral degree from the State University of New York at Upstate Medical University.
Best of luck to you Nicholas!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization