Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Biology major, Nicholas Francisco. He was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Francisco is the definition of a dedicated student. He is dedicated both to his academics and extracurricular activities. Rodgers said he shows how a student can balance academics and activities. He is the student that is “always willing to help,” said Rodgers.
Francisco is President of the Men’s Rugby Club, Vice President of the Class of 2014, a member of Tri Beta Biological Honor Society, a science scholar, and the Club Sports Senator. He was also involved in Fisher Players as the percussionist in the pit and a member of the stage crew.
Rodgers will most remember Francisco for “always sitting on the computers in the Student Government Association (SGA) outer office, working on homework, a club activity or just playing an online game.” He also predicts that in the next five years, Francisco will have completed his doctoral degree from the State University of New York at Upstate Medical University.
Best of luck to you Nicholas!
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students