Faculty Participate in “Brain Game” Fundraiser
For the third year in a row, St. John Fisher College faculty participated in the “Brain Game,” the annual fundraiser for Literacy Volunteers of Rochester, on October 10.
The Fisher team included Dr. Jeff Liles (School of Education), Dr. Dougie Bicket (Media and Communication), Dr. Angela Amoia (Chemistry), Dr. Cara Welch (French), Jeremy Sarachan (Media and Communication), Dr. Daryl Hurd (Biology), and Lynn Mucenski-Keck (Accounting). Also on hand were Dr. Melissa Bissonette (English), Dr. Deb VanderBilt (English), Dr. Clair Smith (Economics), and Dr. Barb Lowe (Philosophy, Associate Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences). Bissonette serves on the organization’s board of directors. The team made it to the semi-finals, answering questions about Rochester, literature, sports, science, and McDonalds, among other topics. They helped raise close to $3,000 for the organization.
The mission of Literacy Volunteers of Rochester is to provide basic reading and writing tutoring to functionally illiterate adults in Monroe County.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study