Faculty Participate in “Brain Game” Fundraiser
For the third year in a row, St. John Fisher College faculty participated in the “Brain Game,” the annual fundraiser for Literacy Volunteers of Rochester, on October 10.
The Fisher team included Dr. Jeff Liles (School of Education), Dr. Dougie Bicket (Media and Communication), Dr. Angela Amoia (Chemistry), Dr. Cara Welch (French), Jeremy Sarachan (Media and Communication), Dr. Daryl Hurd (Biology), and Lynn Mucenski-Keck (Accounting). Also on hand were Dr. Melissa Bissonette (English), Dr. Deb VanderBilt (English), Dr. Clair Smith (Economics), and Dr. Barb Lowe (Philosophy, Associate Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences). Bissonette serves on the organization’s board of directors. The team made it to the semi-finals, answering questions about Rochester, literature, sports, science, and McDonalds, among other topics. They helped raise close to $3,000 for the organization.
The mission of Literacy Volunteers of Rochester is to provide basic reading and writing tutoring to functionally illiterate adults in Monroe County.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced