Faculty Participate in “Brain Game” Fundraiser
For the third year in a row, St. John Fisher College faculty participated in the “Brain Game,” the annual fundraiser for Literacy Volunteers of Rochester, on October 10.
The Fisher team included Dr. Jeff Liles (School of Education), Dr. Dougie Bicket (Media and Communication), Dr. Angela Amoia (Chemistry), Dr. Cara Welch (French), Jeremy Sarachan (Media and Communication), Dr. Daryl Hurd (Biology), and Lynn Mucenski-Keck (Accounting). Also on hand were Dr. Melissa Bissonette (English), Dr. Deb VanderBilt (English), Dr. Clair Smith (Economics), and Dr. Barb Lowe (Philosophy, Associate Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences). Bissonette serves on the organization’s board of directors. The team made it to the semi-finals, answering questions about Rochester, literature, sports, science, and McDonalds, among other topics. They helped raise close to $3,000 for the organization.
The mission of Literacy Volunteers of Rochester is to provide basic reading and writing tutoring to functionally illiterate adults in Monroe County.
Latest College News Stories
- On “The Verge” – Students Concept Binge-Watching TV Experience, Premiere May 1
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards