Faculty Participate in “Brain Game” Fundraiser
For the third year in a row, St. John Fisher College faculty participated in the “Brain Game,” the annual fundraiser for Literacy Volunteers of Rochester, on October 10.
The Fisher team included Dr. Jeff Liles (School of Education), Dr. Dougie Bicket (Media and Communication), Dr. Angela Amoia (Chemistry), Dr. Cara Welch (French), Jeremy Sarachan (Media and Communication), Dr. Daryl Hurd (Biology), and Lynn Mucenski-Keck (Accounting). Also on hand were Dr. Melissa Bissonette (English), Dr. Deb VanderBilt (English), Dr. Clair Smith (Economics), and Dr. Barb Lowe (Philosophy, Associate Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences). Bissonette serves on the organization’s board of directors. The team made it to the semi-finals, answering questions about Rochester, literature, sports, science, and McDonalds, among other topics. They helped raise close to $3,000 for the organization.
The mission of Literacy Volunteers of Rochester is to provide basic reading and writing tutoring to functionally illiterate adults in Monroe County.
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!