Faculty Participate in “Brain Game” Fundraiser
For the third year in a row, St. John Fisher College faculty participated in the “Brain Game,” the annual fundraiser for Literacy Volunteers of Rochester, on October 10.
The Fisher team included Dr. Jeff Liles (School of Education), Dr. Dougie Bicket (Media and Communication), Dr. Angela Amoia (Chemistry), Dr. Cara Welch (French), Jeremy Sarachan (Media and Communication), Dr. Daryl Hurd (Biology), and Lynn Mucenski-Keck (Accounting). Also on hand were Dr. Melissa Bissonette (English), Dr. Deb VanderBilt (English), Dr. Clair Smith (Economics), and Dr. Barb Lowe (Philosophy, Associate Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences). Bissonette serves on the organization’s board of directors. The team made it to the semi-finals, answering questions about Rochester, literature, sports, science, and McDonalds, among other topics. They helped raise close to $3,000 for the organization.
The mission of Literacy Volunteers of Rochester is to provide basic reading and writing tutoring to functionally illiterate adults in Monroe County.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students