Fisher Rowing Teams Make History
Under mostly sunny skies, the St. John Fisher College rowing teams competed for the first time in the NCAA Division III program at the Hobart and William Smith Challenge on the Canal on Saturday, October 6.
Fisher had two teams compete in the women's novice eight. Fisher's “A” team placed third overall with a time of 24:11, while the second Cardinals' team finished in fourth place with a time of 27:09.
On the men's side, Fisher's novice eight placed second overall with a time of 19:16, just over three minutes behind Hobart College. The varsity four was fifth overall with a time of 23:12.
“Overall, I'm pretty happy with our performance,” said head coach Tom Webb. “With this being our first year and our first event, everyone in our program is excited about being part of history. We're going to work hard, continue to improve, and start building a winning tradition.”
Latest College News Stories
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling