Fisher Rowing Teams Make History
Under mostly sunny skies, the St. John Fisher College rowing teams competed for the first time in the NCAA Division III program at the Hobart and William Smith Challenge on the Canal on Saturday, October 6.
Fisher had two teams compete in the women's novice eight. Fisher's “A” team placed third overall with a time of 24:11, while the second Cardinals' team finished in fourth place with a time of 27:09.
On the men's side, Fisher's novice eight placed second overall with a time of 19:16, just over three minutes behind Hobart College. The varsity four was fifth overall with a time of 23:12.
“Overall, I'm pretty happy with our performance,” said head coach Tom Webb. “With this being our first year and our first event, everyone in our program is excited about being part of history. We're going to work hard, continue to improve, and start building a winning tradition.”
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website