Fisher Rowing Teams Make History
Under mostly sunny skies, the St. John Fisher College rowing teams competed for the first time in the NCAA Division III program at the Hobart and William Smith Challenge on the Canal on Saturday, October 6.
Fisher had two teams compete in the women's novice eight. Fisher's “A” team placed third overall with a time of 24:11, while the second Cardinals' team finished in fourth place with a time of 27:09.
On the men's side, Fisher's novice eight placed second overall with a time of 19:16, just over three minutes behind Hobart College. The varsity four was fifth overall with a time of 23:12.
“Overall, I'm pretty happy with our performance,” said head coach Tom Webb. “With this being our first year and our first event, everyone in our program is excited about being part of history. We're going to work hard, continue to improve, and start building a winning tradition.”
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation