Fisher Rowing Teams Make History
Under mostly sunny skies, the St. John Fisher College rowing teams competed for the first time in the NCAA Division III program at the Hobart and William Smith Challenge on the Canal on Saturday, October 6.
Fisher had two teams compete in the women's novice eight. Fisher's “A” team placed third overall with a time of 24:11, while the second Cardinals' team finished in fourth place with a time of 27:09.
On the men's side, Fisher's novice eight placed second overall with a time of 19:16, just over three minutes behind Hobart College. The varsity four was fifth overall with a time of 23:12.
“Overall, I'm pretty happy with our performance,” said head coach Tom Webb. “With this being our first year and our first event, everyone in our program is excited about being part of history. We're going to work hard, continue to improve, and start building a winning tradition.”
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rosenberry Leads Effort on Citizen-Centered Journalism Research Initiative
- Fisher Alumna Shares “10 Body Language Habits of Successful People”
- Lavery Library Receives Grant from Rochester Regional Library Council
- Fisher Grad Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium