Fisher Rowing Teams Make History
Under mostly sunny skies, the St. John Fisher College rowing teams competed for the first time in the NCAA Division III program at the Hobart and William Smith Challenge on the Canal on Saturday, October 6.
Fisher had two teams compete in the women's novice eight. Fisher's “A” team placed third overall with a time of 24:11, while the second Cardinals' team finished in fourth place with a time of 27:09.
On the men's side, Fisher's novice eight placed second overall with a time of 19:16, just over three minutes behind Hobart College. The varsity four was fifth overall with a time of 23:12.
“Overall, I'm pretty happy with our performance,” said head coach Tom Webb. “With this being our first year and our first event, everyone in our program is excited about being part of history. We're going to work hard, continue to improve, and start building a winning tradition.”
Latest College News Stories
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule