Men’s Golf Ranks Nationally, Ends Successful Season
The St. John Fisher College men’s golf team is off to a hot start. The Cardinals, who recently ranked fifth nationally, won their eighth straight ECAC Championship at Blue Heron Country Club.
Earlier this month, the Cardinals finished as the runner-up at the Gordin Classic, beating out the No. 1, No. 3, and No. 6 teams in the country. Fisher is led by junior All-American Chris Blyth, and senior Thad Wier won the ECAC individual title for the second straight year.
The Cardinals, who are led by seven-time Empire 8 Conference Coach of Year Bob Simms, closed out the 2013 fall season at the Golfweek Division III Fall Invitational in Destin, Florida, and placed third overall, while competing against 18 of the nation’s top programs. Fisher will return to action in March at the Jekyll Island Collegiate Invitational.
Latest College News Stories
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication