Men’s Golf Ranks Nationally, Ends Successful Season
The St. John Fisher College men’s golf team is off to a hot start. The Cardinals, who recently ranked fifth nationally, won their eighth straight ECAC Championship at Blue Heron Country Club.
Earlier this month, the Cardinals finished as the runner-up at the Gordin Classic, beating out the No. 1, No. 3, and No. 6 teams in the country. Fisher is led by junior All-American Chris Blyth, and senior Thad Wier won the ECAC individual title for the second straight year.
The Cardinals, who are led by seven-time Empire 8 Conference Coach of Year Bob Simms, closed out the 2013 fall season at the Golfweek Division III Fall Invitational in Destin, Florida, and placed third overall, while competing against 18 of the nation’s top programs. Fisher will return to action in March at the Jekyll Island Collegiate Invitational.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition