Men’s Golf Ranks Nationally, Ends Successful Season
The St. John Fisher College men’s golf team is off to a hot start. The Cardinals, who recently ranked fifth nationally, won their eighth straight ECAC Championship at Blue Heron Country Club.
Earlier this month, the Cardinals finished as the runner-up at the Gordin Classic, beating out the No. 1, No. 3, and No. 6 teams in the country. Fisher is led by junior All-American Chris Blyth, and senior Thad Wier won the ECAC individual title for the second straight year.
The Cardinals, who are led by seven-time Empire 8 Conference Coach of Year Bob Simms, closed out the 2013 fall season at the Golfweek Division III Fall Invitational in Destin, Florida, and placed third overall, while competing against 18 of the nation’s top programs. Fisher will return to action in March at the Jekyll Island Collegiate Invitational.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year