Men’s Golf Ranks Nationally, Ends Successful Season
The St. John Fisher College men’s golf team is off to a hot start. The Cardinals, who recently ranked fifth nationally, won their eighth straight ECAC Championship at Blue Heron Country Club.
Earlier this month, the Cardinals finished as the runner-up at the Gordin Classic, beating out the No. 1, No. 3, and No. 6 teams in the country. Fisher is led by junior All-American Chris Blyth, and senior Thad Wier won the ECAC individual title for the second straight year.
The Cardinals, who are led by seven-time Empire 8 Conference Coach of Year Bob Simms, closed out the 2013 fall season at the Golfweek Division III Fall Invitational in Destin, Florida, and placed third overall, while competing against 18 of the nation’s top programs. Fisher will return to action in March at the Jekyll Island Collegiate Invitational.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International