Men’s Golf Ranks Nationally, Ends Successful Season
The St. John Fisher College men’s golf team is off to a hot start. The Cardinals, who recently ranked fifth nationally, won their eighth straight ECAC Championship at Blue Heron Country Club.
Earlier this month, the Cardinals finished as the runner-up at the Gordin Classic, beating out the No. 1, No. 3, and No. 6 teams in the country. Fisher is led by junior All-American Chris Blyth, and senior Thad Wier won the ECAC individual title for the second straight year.
The Cardinals, who are led by seven-time Empire 8 Conference Coach of Year Bob Simms, closed out the 2013 fall season at the Golfweek Division III Fall Invitational in Destin, Florida, and placed third overall, while competing against 18 of the nation’s top programs. Fisher will return to action in March at the Jekyll Island Collegiate Invitational.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Athletes Make History
- Buffalo Bills Release 2016 Training Camp Schedule
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Dean of School of Business
- Fisher Hosts High-rise Drill for Local Fire Departments Sunday
- Inaugural Ed.D. Cohort Graduates from Syracuse Extension Site; Rochester Graduates Honored at Local Hooding
- Convocation Brunch Brings Seniors Together for Reflection, Recognition
- School of Business Honors Class of 2016
- School of Arts and Sciences Celebrates Seniors