College's Justinian Order Holds 12th Annual Luncheon Featuring Honorable Frank Geraci, Jr.
The Justinian Order of St. John Fisher College held its twelfth annual civic luncheon for members of the judiciary, the bar, government, law enforcement, and the business sector at the Rochester Plaza Hotel on May 23. The guest speaker at this year’s luncheon was The Honorable Frank P. Geraci, Jr., Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of New York.
Geraci was appointed to the United States federal bench by President Obama in January 2013. Previously, he was seated as a Monroe County Court Judge. His first 10-year term, following his election in November 1998, ran from January 1999 through December 2008. He was elected to the Monroe County bench for a second term in 2008, where he continued to preside through December of 2012.
Geraci served as a Rochester City Court Judge from January 1992 through December 1998 following his election to City Court in November 1991.
A lifelong resident of Rochester, Geraci is a graduate of St. Monica’s Grammar School, McQuaid Jesuit High School, the University of Dayton, and the University of Dayton School of Law. Between college and law school, he served as Deputy Clerk of the City Court of Rochester. After being sworn in as an attorney, he began working in the Monroe County District Attorney’s Office as a Special Assistant District Attorney. He served in that role for the City Court of Rochester, Monroe County, and Supreme Courts. While in the District Attorney’s Office, Geraci headed the DWI Bureau and the Organized Crime/Investigations Bureau. He also worked in the Career Criminals Bureau, which was responsible for the prosecution of repeat violent offenders.
In 1983, he was appointed as Assistant United States Attorney in the Western District of New York, where he represented various agencies of the federal government including the FBI, IRS, DEA, and Secret Service in both civil and criminal matters. In addition, he served as an instructor in the United States Attorney General’s Advocacy Institute in Washington, D.C.
Geraci then formed a partnership with Jonathan Feldman, now a United States Magistrate Judge, in 1987. The law firm of Geraci and Feldman specialized in the litigation of civil and criminal cases.
He has been active in the Monroe County Bar Association, serving on the Board of Trustees, Law Day Committee, Memorial Committee, and Monroe County Bar Foundation. He has also served on Monroe County’s Graduated Restriction Advisory Board, the Monroe County Catholic School Board, and the Diocese of Rochester’s Stewardship Council under the guidance of Bishop Matthew Clark.
Geraci served as co-chair of the Seventh Judicial District’s Committee to Promote Trust and Confidence in the Legal System and was the President of the University of Dayton Alumni Association’s Rochester Chapter and National Alumni Association.
Currently, Geraci is the President of Eastside Little League, and is a member of the Board of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, New York Branch.
While presiding in the Rochester City Court, Geraci actively supported alternative programs designed to help break the cycle of criminal activity in Rochester. He remains active with the Teen Court by presiding over some of their sessions.
Geraci is married and has four children and three grandchildren.
Dr. Donald Bain, President, St. John Fisher College; Hon. Frank Geraci, Jr.; and James Vacca, Esq. '80, President of the Justinian Order Board of Directors.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship