President Bain Honored by Catholic Family Center
On Friday, April 4, President Bain was honored at the Catholic Family Center’s (CFC) 22nd Annual Charity Gala. The theme of the gala was "Passport to Ireland," and it was held at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
This award is given annually to an individual or individuals who show an exemplary spirit of devotion to supporting, improving, and enhancing the health and well-being of our community.
“Dr. Bain truly embodies the spirit of this award with his exemplary devotion to the health and well-being of our community, especially our young people,” said Marlene Bessette, CFC President and CEO. “He has long been a champion of high quality education, while emphasizing the importance of community involvement, not only on campus but also in the larger world community. Catholic Family Center is proud of its collaborations with Fisher which have been enhancing each others’ missions for years. We’re delighted to have Dr. Bain as our 2014 Gala honoree.”
The College has a long association with CFC, and has worked with the Center to place students as interns as well as assign students from the Service-Learning Program, Service Scholars Program, and the First Generation Scholarship Program for service projects.
The event was attended by Bishop Salvatore Matano. WROC Channel 8's Kevin Doran served as the emcee. Proceeds from the event directly benefit CFC programs.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Accounting Professor Selected for Third Fulbright
- Lavery Librarians Win Audience Award at Fast Pitch Competition
- Share Your Family Recipes with the Fisher Cookbook
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fall Athletes Achieve Historic Seasons for Fisher
- Stress Free Week Activities Help Ease Finals Frenzy
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors