Alumni Honored at 2013 ETHIE Awards
Martin Palumbos ’69 and Ray Martino ’71 were recently honored at the 11th Annual ETHIE Awards, presented by the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation (RABEF) on September 17.
During the luncheon, RABEF announced the Martin Palumbos Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation Scholarship which will be given annually to a Fisher student. The scholarship was named after Palumbos in honor of his retirement from the board of directors and in celebration of his 11 years of dedication and service to the organization as co-founder and longtime committee chair. Palumbos was instrumental in starting RABEF more than 11 years ago with co-founder Alan Ziegler. A respected financial planning professional, he is a partner in the firm PS&E Plan to Prosper.
Martino’s public relations and advertising firm, Martino Flynn L.L.C., received one of three ETHIE Awards, given to local companies who show an executive commitment to business ethics, a company ethics program, conflict resolution procedures, good corporate citizenship, and demonstration of sound ethical business practices. Martino Flynn won in the medium-sized business category.
The 2013 recipients are eligible to compete in the 2014 American Business Ethics Award, a national ethics competition sponsored by the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
The ETHIE Awards are sponsored and organized by the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation. Organizational partners are the Society of Financial Service Professionals – Rochester Chapter, the Rochester Business Alliance, and St. John Fisher College. The awards program was established in 1994 by the Society of Financial Service Professionals. The Rochester awards and scholarships were initiated in 2003.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain