Alumni Honored at 2013 ETHIE Awards
Martin Palumbos ’69 and Ray Martino ’71 were recently honored at the 11th Annual ETHIE Awards, presented by the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation (RABEF) on September 17.
During the luncheon, RABEF announced the Martin Palumbos Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation Scholarship which will be given annually to a Fisher student. The scholarship was named after Palumbos in honor of his retirement from the board of directors and in celebration of his 11 years of dedication and service to the organization as co-founder and longtime committee chair. Palumbos was instrumental in starting RABEF more than 11 years ago with co-founder Alan Ziegler. A respected financial planning professional, he is a partner in the firm PS&E Plan to Prosper.
Martino’s public relations and advertising firm, Martino Flynn L.L.C., received one of three ETHIE Awards, given to local companies who show an executive commitment to business ethics, a company ethics program, conflict resolution procedures, good corporate citizenship, and demonstration of sound ethical business practices. Martino Flynn won in the medium-sized business category.
The 2013 recipients are eligible to compete in the 2014 American Business Ethics Award, a national ethics competition sponsored by the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
The ETHIE Awards are sponsored and organized by the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation. Organizational partners are the Society of Financial Service Professionals – Rochester Chapter, the Rochester Business Alliance, and St. John Fisher College. The awards program was established in 1994 by the Society of Financial Service Professionals. The Rochester awards and scholarships were initiated in 2003.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes