American Society of Health System Pharmacists’ Students Compete in Clinical Skills Competition
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy’s student chapter of the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) recently participated in the national society’s annual skills competition on October 27.
The competition challenges students to put their knowledge to the test and compete to develop the best pharmaceutical care plan for a hypothetical patient.
P4 students Ellen Arutunian and Alex Danforth were named the winners. They will attend the ASHP mid-year meeting in Las Vegas to represent the Wegmans School of Pharmacy in the annual competition December 1, and will compete against the winners of chapters from pharmacy schools across the nation.
The top 10 winners at the national competition will receive an iPod touch with access to lexi-complete (an expensive drug reference software) and pharm-prep online (preparation for the licensure exam).
ASHP promotes student interest in hospital pharmacy and features an annual midyear meeting where students meet potential residency sites.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program