American Society of Health System Pharmacists’ Students Compete in Clinical Skills Competition
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy’s student chapter of the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) recently participated in the national society’s annual skills competition on October 27.
The competition challenges students to put their knowledge to the test and compete to develop the best pharmaceutical care plan for a hypothetical patient.
P4 students Ellen Arutunian and Alex Danforth were named the winners. They will attend the ASHP mid-year meeting in Las Vegas to represent the Wegmans School of Pharmacy in the annual competition December 1, and will compete against the winners of chapters from pharmacy schools across the nation.
The top 10 winners at the national competition will receive an iPod touch with access to lexi-complete (an expensive drug reference software) and pharm-prep online (preparation for the licensure exam).
ASHP promotes student interest in hospital pharmacy and features an annual midyear meeting where students meet potential residency sites.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend