American Society of Health System Pharmacists’ Students Compete in Clinical Skills Competition
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy’s student chapter of the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) recently participated in the national society’s annual skills competition on October 27.
The competition challenges students to put their knowledge to the test and compete to develop the best pharmaceutical care plan for a hypothetical patient.
P4 students Ellen Arutunian and Alex Danforth were named the winners. They will attend the ASHP mid-year meeting in Las Vegas to represent the Wegmans School of Pharmacy in the annual competition December 1, and will compete against the winners of chapters from pharmacy schools across the nation.
The top 10 winners at the national competition will receive an iPod touch with access to lexi-complete (an expensive drug reference software) and pharm-prep online (preparation for the licensure exam).
ASHP promotes student interest in hospital pharmacy and features an annual midyear meeting where students meet potential residency sites.
Latest College News Stories
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award