American Society of Health System Pharmacists’ Students Compete in Clinical Skills Competition
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy’s student chapter of the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) recently participated in the national society’s annual skills competition on October 27.
The competition challenges students to put their knowledge to the test and compete to develop the best pharmaceutical care plan for a hypothetical patient.
P4 students Ellen Arutunian and Alex Danforth were named the winners. They will attend the ASHP mid-year meeting in Las Vegas to represent the Wegmans School of Pharmacy in the annual competition December 1, and will compete against the winners of chapters from pharmacy schools across the nation.
The top 10 winners at the national competition will receive an iPod touch with access to lexi-complete (an expensive drug reference software) and pharm-prep online (preparation for the licensure exam).
ASHP promotes student interest in hospital pharmacy and features an annual midyear meeting where students meet potential residency sites.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Announces New Men’s Volleyball Program
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office