Miller Smith is Keynote Speaker at MCC Scholars’ Day
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies, was the featured keynote speaker at Monroe Community College’s Fifth Annual Scholars’ Day on April 24 at the Damon City Campus.
Her keynote was entitled, “Moving from Nothing to Something: Achieving Inclusive Excellence in Contested Terrains.”
Scholars’ Day is an annual series of events that highlights accomplished, scholarly, and creative work of MCC’s students, faculty, and staff.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students