Miller Smith is Keynote Speaker at MCC Scholars’ Day
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies, was the featured keynote speaker at Monroe Community College’s Fifth Annual Scholars’ Day on April 24 at the Damon City Campus.
Her keynote was entitled, “Moving from Nothing to Something: Achieving Inclusive Excellence in Contested Terrains.”
Scholars’ Day is an annual series of events that highlights accomplished, scholarly, and creative work of MCC’s students, faculty, and staff.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article