Miller Smith is Keynote Speaker at MCC Scholars’ Day
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies, was the featured keynote speaker at Monroe Community College’s Fifth Annual Scholars’ Day on April 24 at the Damon City Campus.
Her keynote was entitled, “Moving from Nothing to Something: Achieving Inclusive Excellence in Contested Terrains.”
Scholars’ Day is an annual series of events that highlights accomplished, scholarly, and creative work of MCC’s students, faculty, and staff.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans