College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion
On Saturday, November 16, the College officially dedicated the new W.J. Pellicano Pavilion, nestled in the College’s athletic facilities next to Growney Stadium. William Pellicano '80 and his family took part in the ribbon-cutting ceremony and festivities.
Pellicano is a former Fisher football player, and gave a gift for the construction of the pavilion in spring 2013. Construction began shortly after Commencement in May, and was finished this fall. The 3,000 square-foot open-air spectator pavilion includes seating and a bar area for entertainment. The space is available for the campus and community to rent for special events.
“I see this pavilion as a symbol of openness. There are no walls holding us back, reminding me of all of the opportunities Fisher has afforded me,” said Pellicano during remarks before the ribbon-cutting ceremony.
The Pellicano family.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Announces New Men’s Volleyball Program
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office