Miller Smith Performs Original Bicentennial Piece for Emma Willard School
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies, Director of the African American Studies Program, and faculty member in the Executive Leadership (Ed.D.) Program, was recently commissioned to create an original piece for the Emma Willard School’s Bicentennial Celebration on May 10.
The school, located in Troy, took Miller Smith’s work and used it as the framework for the celebration. The piece was titled, “Celebrating Her Vision: Girls Transforming the World,” and was performed by Miller Smith and member of the Emma Willard community.
Tokeya Graham, professor of English at Monroe Community College, assisted Miller Smith with the piece.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations