Miller Smith Performs Original Bicentennial Piece for Emma Willard School
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies, Director of the African American Studies Program, and faculty member in the Executive Leadership (Ed.D.) Program, was recently commissioned to create an original piece for the Emma Willard School’s Bicentennial Celebration on May 10.
The school, located in Troy, took Miller Smith’s work and used it as the framework for the celebration. The piece was titled, “Celebrating Her Vision: Girls Transforming the World,” and was performed by Miller Smith and member of the Emma Willard community.
Tokeya Graham, professor of English at Monroe Community College, assisted Miller Smith with the piece.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Announces New Men’s Volleyball Program
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office