From Desk Chair to Corporate Challenge; Fisher Team Finds Success
Members of the St. John Fisher College community represented the College well at this year’s J.P. Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge held at the Rochester Institute of Technology on May 29. Over 85 faculty and staff participants joined the crowd of nearly 11,000 runners and walkers from 460 companies and organizations. This year’s Fisher team was the largest one yet.
Nearly 20 participants were from the “Desk Chair to Corporate Challenge” group—faculty and staff who weren’t typical runners at the beginning of their training but ran with the rest of the pack come Corporate Challenge day. Their training on the Polisseni Track started in March, starting with alternating 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes. Over eight weeks’ time, their running times gradually increased during their workouts. According to Ginny Maier, one of the participants, the majority of the group was able to run or jog the 3.5 mile event non-stop.
Some of the "Desk Chair to Corporate Challenge" participants.
Brittany Broderick was the 20th female to finish overall out of a 4,948, and our top male runner, Alan Pogroszewski, placed 116th out of 4,184.
Fisher’s Corporate Challenge team was organized by Healthy U, the College’s health and wellness committee.
With nearly 11,000 participants, the Corporate Challenge is the largest road race in the Rochester region. This year’s race beneficiary was the Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection.
Members of the Healthy U organizing committee.
The 2014 Corporate Challenge St. John Fisher College team!
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference