From Desk Chair to Corporate Challenge; Fisher Team Finds Success
Members of the St. John Fisher College community represented the College well at this year’s J.P. Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge held at the Rochester Institute of Technology on May 29. Over 85 faculty and staff participants joined the crowd of nearly 11,000 runners and walkers from 460 companies and organizations. This year’s Fisher team was the largest one yet.
Nearly 20 participants were from the “Desk Chair to Corporate Challenge” group—faculty and staff who weren’t typical runners at the beginning of their training but ran with the rest of the pack come Corporate Challenge day. Their training on the Polisseni Track started in March, starting with alternating 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes. Over eight weeks’ time, their running times gradually increased during their workouts. According to Ginny Maier, one of the participants, the majority of the group was able to run or jog the 3.5 mile event non-stop.
Some of the "Desk Chair to Corporate Challenge" participants.
Brittany Broderick was the 20th female to finish overall out of a 4,948, and our top male runner, Alan Pogroszewski, placed 116th out of 4,184.
Fisher’s Corporate Challenge team was organized by Healthy U, the College’s health and wellness committee.
With nearly 11,000 participants, the Corporate Challenge is the largest road race in the Rochester region. This year’s race beneficiary was the Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection.
Members of the Healthy U organizing committee.
The 2014 Corporate Challenge St. John Fisher College team!
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam