College Appoints Wischnowski Dean of School of Education
St. John Fisher College has appointed Dr. Michael Wischnowski as the new Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
Wischnowski has been serving as the Interim Dean of the School of Education during this past academic year. Previously, he was Program Director of the College’s Ed.D. Program in Executive Leadership.
“Dr. Wischnowski’s professional and academic experiences—through his teaching, scholarship, leadership, and service—underscore his devotion to the philosophy of the School of Education and the mission of the College,” said Dr. Donald E. Bain, President of St. John Fisher College.
After joining Fisher in 2004 as an Associate Professor of Special Education, Wischnowski quickly became the Program Director in the Master of Science in Special Education Program. In 2007, he began teaching in the Ed.D. Program, first as an Associate Professor and then as Program Director. As Interim Dean of the School of Education, Wischnowski played a key role in the recent establishment of the Ed.D. extension site at Onondaga Community College’s Higher Education Center.
Prior to Fisher, he taught at the State University of New York at Geneseo and the University of Rochester, and served as a Project Coordinator in the Department of Special Education at the University of Illinois. In addition, he has worked in the non-profit and healthcare sectors.
Latest College News Stories
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company