Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
On Friday, April 11, 38 St. John Fisher College student athletes traveled to Wilson Foundation Academy to host the Giant Read for students in kindergarten through second grade. Athletics Department staff members and the Cardinal joined the athletes for the event. The Giant Read aims to promote literacy in city schools.
The athletes read the school’s book of the month, “Galimoto,” by Karen Lynn Williams, with the students. Additionally, they held a group activity in the gym, teaching the kids more about each of their sports. There were also relay races, pitting the students vs. student athletes.
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification