Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
On Friday, April 11, 38 St. John Fisher College student athletes traveled to Wilson Foundation Academy to host the Giant Read for students in kindergarten through second grade. Athletics Department staff members and the Cardinal joined the athletes for the event. The Giant Read aims to promote literacy in city schools.
The athletes read the school’s book of the month, “Galimoto,” by Karen Lynn Williams, with the students. Additionally, they held a group activity in the gym, teaching the kids more about each of their sports. There were also relay races, pitting the students vs. student athletes.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Included on Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Sacco Named Jonas Nurse Leader Scholar
- Turner to Deliver Talk at Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research at Cornell University
- Education Faculty Publish in International Journal
- Fisher Faculty Wins Visiting Position Abroad
- Ed.D. Graduate Selected to Present at LGBT Research Symposium