Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
On Friday, April 11, 38 St. John Fisher College student athletes traveled to Wilson Foundation Academy to host the Giant Read for students in kindergarten through second grade. Athletics Department staff members and the Cardinal joined the athletes for the event. The Giant Read aims to promote literacy in city schools.
The athletes read the school’s book of the month, “Galimoto,” by Karen Lynn Williams, with the students. Additionally, they held a group activity in the gym, teaching the kids more about each of their sports. There were also relay races, pitting the students vs. student athletes.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference