Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
On Friday, April 11, 38 St. John Fisher College student athletes traveled to Wilson Foundation Academy to host the Giant Read for students in kindergarten through second grade. Athletics Department staff members and the Cardinal joined the athletes for the event. The Giant Read aims to promote literacy in city schools.
The athletes read the school’s book of the month, “Galimoto,” by Karen Lynn Williams, with the students. Additionally, they held a group activity in the gym, teaching the kids more about each of their sports. There were also relay races, pitting the students vs. student athletes.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference