Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
On Friday, April 11, 38 St. John Fisher College student athletes traveled to Wilson Foundation Academy to host the Giant Read for students in kindergarten through second grade. Athletics Department staff members and the Cardinal joined the athletes for the event. The Giant Read aims to promote literacy in city schools.
The athletes read the school’s book of the month, “Galimoto,” by Karen Lynn Williams, with the students. Additionally, they held a group activity in the gym, teaching the kids more about each of their sports. There were also relay races, pitting the students vs. student athletes.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students