Countdown to Commencement: Jacquie Cowley
It’s time for the annual Countdown to Commencement video series, where we feature one senior each week who was nominated by a member of the faculty or staff for their accomplishments during their time at the College. First up, Jacquie Cowley, an Accounting major, who was nominated by Mike Fedoryshyn, Professor of Accounting, and Lori Hollenbeck, Assistant Dean of the School of Business.
Cowley’s campus involvement is quite extensive, and encompasses academic and service activities. As Co-Chair of the Accounting Club, she attended four leadership forums with accounting firms over the summer to expand her leadership abilities. She is one of the student liaisons of the College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter, and she has participated in the Deloitte Tax Challenge and the PricewaterhouseCoopers Tax Challenge. Cowley also serves as an Accounting tutor.
In addition, after volunteering at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the past few summers, she has developed a true passion for the organization. That passion carries over into a leadership role as a captain on the Teddi Committee.
This year, she was a recipient of the Rochester Business Ethics Foundation scholarship.
“Jacquie is a firm believer that integrity stems from being earnest and always looking at how your actions are affecting others, as those can be more important than how they are affecting yourself. She strives to instill these qualities in others, while being a leader, in order to remain a positive role model for her community,” said Hollenbeck.
Fedoryshyn said the two qualities he will remember the most are Cowley’s self-confidence and presence around others the most.
“While I never had Jacquie in class, she had had a very positive impact on the Accounting Department and within the School of Business. We often call upon her to represent us at various events, and she assumes leadership roles enthusiastically,” he said.
Following graduation, Cowley will head to the University of Denver for graduate school where she plans to obtain her Master’s in Tax.
Meet this week’s senior, Jacquie Cowley! Best of luck to you!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Three at School of Education Complete Crisis Intervention Certification Program