PRIMA Group to Host Comedy Improv Competition for Gilda’s Club
Members of the St. John Fisher College student-run integrated marketing communications firm, The PRIMA Group, will be hosting the inaugural “Gilda’s Cup: A Collegiate Comedy Improv Competition,” on Friday, April 4, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in Cleary Family Auditorium. The event will kick off with a social hour starting at 6:00 p.m.
The competition will include improv comedy groups from colleges including Fisher, the Rochester Institute of Technology, and the State University of New York at Oswego. Teams will go head-to-head in an entertaining and comedic competition. The evening’s theme is ‘College Days,’ and improv topics will be offered from audience members, who will ultimately declare the winning improv team.
“Gilda’s Cup is an incredible opportunity for college students from local schools to come together in support of a noble cause. Students will have the opportunity to showcase their talents in a fun and competitive environment while supporting an essential community organization,” said Fisher senior Rob Meacham, managing partner and vice-president of organizational development for The PRIMA Group.
Bob Russell, Executive Director of Gilda’s Club, is applauding the event as it celebrates the comedic genius of Gilda Radner, for whom the organization was founded.
“She got her start doing improv with the Second City comedy troupe, and the art form is alive and well today, as demonstrated by these amazingly talented college performers. This night will give people the chance to laugh and remember Gilda for the legacy that she left to the world of comedy,” said Russell.
Tickets for Gilda’s Cup are $5.00 and can be purchased in advance at on the Gilda’s Club website or at the door. The evening also includes numerous raffle items, a 50/50 raffle, and refreshments. All proceeds benefit Gilda’s Club Rochester.
The PRIMA Group provides students the opportunity to experience the multiple facets of a fully integrated advertising and public relations agency. Students have the opportunity to take on roles that mirror those of a real-world agency and to hone their organization, communication, writing, creative concepting, and design skills through work with real clients.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems