November First Friday Lecture to Reflect on 50th Anniversary of Kennedy Assassination
Dr. Carolyn Vacca, Associate Professor of History, will present “50 Years After the Assassination of JFK: A Look Back at the Man and the Moment” for the First Friday Lecture on November 1. The lecture will take place in Coleman Chapel in Murphy Hall at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass, followed by breakfast.
The assassination of President John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963, was instantaneously captured in over five hundred film and still images, the greatest number for any such event. And yet, that moment, and the man himself, have continued to capture society’s attention and spawn great debates over its origins and import for fifty years in literature, art, and film. This presentation will explore the ongoing examinations of the event by historians, authors, filmmakers, and scientists and how they have shaped our understanding of both the incident and the debates that surround it.
Vacca has been the Monroe County Historian since 1995 and has taught at Fisher for 12 years. She received her bachelor's degree in history from Syracuse University, a master's in library science from SUNY Geneseo, a master's degree in history from SUNY Brockport, and a Ph.D. in history from the University of Rochester.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot X and V near Murphy Hall. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-7350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award