November First Friday Lecture to Reflect on 50th Anniversary of Kennedy Assassination
Dr. Carolyn Vacca, Associate Professor of History, will present “50 Years After the Assassination of JFK: A Look Back at the Man and the Moment” for the First Friday Lecture on November 1. The lecture will take place in Coleman Chapel in Murphy Hall at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass, followed by breakfast.
The assassination of President John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963, was instantaneously captured in over five hundred film and still images, the greatest number for any such event. And yet, that moment, and the man himself, have continued to capture society’s attention and spawn great debates over its origins and import for fifty years in literature, art, and film. This presentation will explore the ongoing examinations of the event by historians, authors, filmmakers, and scientists and how they have shaped our understanding of both the incident and the debates that surround it.
Vacca has been the Monroe County Historian since 1995 and has taught at Fisher for 12 years. She received her bachelor's degree in history from Syracuse University, a master's in library science from SUNY Geneseo, a master's degree in history from SUNY Brockport, and a Ph.D. in history from the University of Rochester.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot X and V near Murphy Hall. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-7350 or email email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer