Alumni Recognized at 2013 Financial Executive of the Year Awards
Three alumni were recognized at the Rochester Business Journal’s 2013 Financial Executive of the Year Awards, which took place on May 29. Michael Goonan ’75, Chair of the College’s Board of Trustees, received the Lifetime Achievement Award. Richard Klein ’86 was named the Financial Executive of the Year in the Small Companies category, while Mark Williams ’87 and David Vaden ’93 were nominees.
Goonan is Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC), and has 27 years of experience leading the finance function of a major academic medical center, which includes a university-based hospital, medical and nursing schools, faculty practice group, home health agency, dental center, and long-term care facilities. Under his fiscal leadership, URMC has developed comprehensive financial management systems that have helped it to generate consistently positive bottom-line results to reinvest in its critical missions.
Klein is the Chief Financial Officer at Continental Service Group, Inc. (ConServe), a Perinton-based collections firm that employs nearly 500 people in Rochester and more than 80 at its call center in Depew, N.Y. He joined the company in 2003. He earned his bachelor’s degree in Accounting at Fisher, and an MBA from the Simon School of Business at the University of Rochester.
Williams, who was also nominated in the Small Companies category, serves as the Vice President of Finance at DeCarolis Truck Rental Inc. Vaden, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, and Treasurer at Bryant & Stratton College, was nominated in the Large Companies category.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam