Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
Dr. Ed Freeman, Associate Professor of Biology, along with Matt Cardin, Director of the Career Center, and Beth Jeffries, Assistant Director of the Center, recently co-wrote an article about career exploration and outcomes that has been published in the April issue of the NACE Journal (National Association of Colleges and Employers).
“Integrating Career Exploration and Planning in STEM Through Faculty Partnerships” talks about partnerships that the Career Center strives to make across campus with departments in an effort to work better with students when it comes to career decision-making and planning.
The article focuses on the Career Center's partnership with the Biology Department, which offers a junior seminar course in which students are required to research careers and graduate programs that might be a fit for them after they have completed their undergraduate work. The Career Center holds a Career Expo where students then present the research and findings. Faculty, staff, and fellow students attend the expo.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference