Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
Dr. Ed Freeman, Associate Professor of Biology, along with Matt Cardin, Director of the Career Center, and Beth Jeffries, Assistant Director of the Center, recently co-wrote an article about career exploration and outcomes that has been published in the April issue of the NACE Journal (National Association of Colleges and Employers).
“Integrating Career Exploration and Planning in STEM Through Faculty Partnerships” talks about partnerships that the Career Center strives to make across campus with departments in an effort to work better with students when it comes to career decision-making and planning.
The article focuses on the Career Center's partnership with the Biology Department, which offers a junior seminar course in which students are required to research careers and graduate programs that might be a fit for them after they have completed their undergraduate work. The Career Center holds a Career Expo where students then present the research and findings. Faculty, staff, and fellow students attend the expo.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition