Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
Dr. Ed Freeman, Associate Professor of Biology, along with Matt Cardin, Director of the Career Center, and Beth Jeffries, Assistant Director of the Center, recently co-wrote an article about career exploration and outcomes that has been published in the April issue of the NACE Journal (National Association of Colleges and Employers).
“Integrating Career Exploration and Planning in STEM Through Faculty Partnerships” talks about partnerships that the Career Center strives to make across campus with departments in an effort to work better with students when it comes to career decision-making and planning.
The article focuses on the Career Center's partnership with the Biology Department, which offers a junior seminar course in which students are required to research careers and graduate programs that might be a fit for them after they have completed their undergraduate work. The Career Center holds a Career Expo where students then present the research and findings. Faculty, staff, and fellow students attend the expo.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance