Countdown to Commencement - Graham Wilcox
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Graham Wilcox, a double major in English and History. He was nominated by Jim Bowman, Professor of English.
According to Bowman, Wilcox is extremely serious about his academics and forces his peers to raise the bar.
“Graham helped me to keep my expectations high for classroom learning and his presence as a student inspired me to challenge myself,” added Bowman.
Wilcox is extremely motivated which led him to receive a service- learning leadership position in the fall and spring of 2013. In the fall of 2013, he served as the project leader and coordinating communication with his peers and the organization. His peers have praised him for his “positive role as a peer respondent, collaborator, and class colleague.”
He was the editorial reviewer for The Angle and has planned events for the College Voting Club. Wilcox is committed to civic engagement, and Bowman also said he has put tremendous effort into promoting political participation in local and national elections.
In five years, Bowman sees Wilcox completing his comprehensive exams and getting ready to write his doctoral dissertation.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Graham Wilcox!
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception