Countdown to Commencement - Graham Wilcox
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Graham Wilcox, a double major in English and History. He was nominated by Jim Bowman, Professor of English.
According to Bowman, Wilcox is extremely serious about his academics and forces his peers to raise the bar.
“Graham helped me to keep my expectations high for classroom learning and his presence as a student inspired me to challenge myself,” added Bowman.
Wilcox is extremely motivated which led him to receive a service- learning leadership position in the fall and spring of 2013. In the fall of 2013, he served as the project leader and coordinating communication with his peers and the organization. His peers have praised him for his “positive role as a peer respondent, collaborator, and class colleague.”
He was the editorial reviewer for The Angle and has planned events for the College Voting Club. Wilcox is committed to civic engagement, and Bowman also said he has put tremendous effort into promoting political participation in local and national elections.
In five years, Bowman sees Wilcox completing his comprehensive exams and getting ready to write his doctoral dissertation.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Graham Wilcox!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference