“Voices in the Shadows” Exhibit Opens March 18
Lavery Library’s Lower Level will become home to a new exhibit beginning Monday, March 18, when “Voices in the Shadows: Women Survivors of the Holocaust” opens. The Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs and Lavery Library are co-sponsoring the exhibit, and will host an opening reception on March 18 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. in the library.
The exhibit’s artist and curator, Dr. Esther Denaro Maltese, conducted research focused on the memories of eleven women survivors. Since the exhibit’s opening on September 24, 1997, it has received wide acclaim in middle schools, high schools, colleges and universities, churches, synagogues, religious schools, workshops, international conferences, and community organizations.
Maltese is the Founder and President of The Rose and Joseph Denaro Interfaith Center for the Study of Genocide and Violence Prevention. She earned her Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration and Policy Studies at the State University of New York at Buffalo. She completed post-graduate work at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, the Women’s Institute in Higher Education Administration at Wellesley College, the Administrative Management Institute at Cornell University, and the International School of Holocaust Studies at Yad Vashem, Israel. Maltese has presented her research at international conferences in Israel, Milan, and Oxford University.
The exhibit will be on display until April 8.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Faculty Participate in Cost of Poverty Experience
- Buffalo Bills Release 2015 Training Camp Schedule
- Community Service Efforts Land Fisher on President’s Honor Roll
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference