“Voices in the Shadows” Exhibit Opens March 18
Lavery Library’s Lower Level will become home to a new exhibit beginning Monday, March 18, when “Voices in the Shadows: Women Survivors of the Holocaust” opens. The Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs and Lavery Library are co-sponsoring the exhibit, and will host an opening reception on March 18 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. in the library.
The exhibit’s artist and curator, Dr. Esther Denaro Maltese, conducted research focused on the memories of eleven women survivors. Since the exhibit’s opening on September 24, 1997, it has received wide acclaim in middle schools, high schools, colleges and universities, churches, synagogues, religious schools, workshops, international conferences, and community organizations.
Maltese is the Founder and President of The Rose and Joseph Denaro Interfaith Center for the Study of Genocide and Violence Prevention. She earned her Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration and Policy Studies at the State University of New York at Buffalo. She completed post-graduate work at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, the Women’s Institute in Higher Education Administration at Wellesley College, the Administrative Management Institute at Cornell University, and the International School of Holocaust Studies at Yad Vashem, Israel. Maltese has presented her research at international conferences in Israel, Milan, and Oxford University.
The exhibit will be on display until April 8.
Latest College News Stories
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members