“Voices in the Shadows” Exhibit Opens March 18
Lavery Library’s Lower Level will become home to a new exhibit beginning Monday, March 18, when “Voices in the Shadows: Women Survivors of the Holocaust” opens. The Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs and Lavery Library are co-sponsoring the exhibit, and will host an opening reception on March 18 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. in the library.
The exhibit’s artist and curator, Dr. Esther Denaro Maltese, conducted research focused on the memories of eleven women survivors. Since the exhibit’s opening on September 24, 1997, it has received wide acclaim in middle schools, high schools, colleges and universities, churches, synagogues, religious schools, workshops, international conferences, and community organizations.
Maltese is the Founder and President of The Rose and Joseph Denaro Interfaith Center for the Study of Genocide and Violence Prevention. She earned her Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration and Policy Studies at the State University of New York at Buffalo. She completed post-graduate work at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, the Women’s Institute in Higher Education Administration at Wellesley College, the Administrative Management Institute at Cornell University, and the International School of Holocaust Studies at Yad Vashem, Israel. Maltese has presented her research at international conferences in Israel, Milan, and Oxford University.
The exhibit will be on display until April 8.
Latest College News Stories
- Clark Honored with Teddi Award
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum