Student Receives Scholarship from Turnaround Management Association
On Thursday, October 25, JC Jones & Associates hosted the Turnaround Management Association's (TMA) Annual Student Night at St. John Fisher College. This marked the 11th year where up to five scholarships, ranging from $500 to $1,500, were awarded to students across Western New York. Mark Fancher ’13, a current MBA student, was one of the scholarship winners.
Fancher graduated in May 2012 with a bachelor’s degree in accounting. He immediately began his MBA degree and, upon completion, he plans to obtain his CPA license.
Fancher says he first learned about TMA when one of his professors recommended him for the scholarship because of his work ethic, motivation, and dedication. His additional qualifications of leadership potential and good communication skills were beneficial to him when applying for the scholarship.
“One of the greatest things I took away from the scholarship and TMA all together was the importance of networking and experience in the field,” said Fancher.
Fancher also said that the scholarship has only strengthened his interest in accounting, and allowed him to better understand how different fields in business can come together and accomplish goals collectively as a team. Additionally, it reinforced his decision to seek his MBA degree because it enables him to network and gain real-world experience.
Recently, Fancher accepted a position at Ernst & Young in Syracuse, and is well on his way of climbing the ladder in the accounting field. He hopes to one day be a partner at a large accounting firm and be able to help companies across the world run more efficiently, be more transparent, and create better lines of communication.
TMA is the only international non-profit association dedicated to corporate renewal and turnaround management. Members are a professional community of turnaround and corporate renewal professionals who share a common interest in strengthening the economy through restoring corporate value back to organizations.
Latest College News Stories
- On “The Verge” – Students Concept Binge-Watching TV Experience, Premiere May 1
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards