Rice's Collaboration with RIT Featured in Democrat & Chronicle
The collaboration between Dr. Rob Rice, Director of Clinical Internships in the Mental Health Counseling Program, and two colleagues from the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), was recently featured in the Democrat & Chronicle.
Earlier this year, Rice worked with Dr. Laurence Sugarman, Director of the Center for Applied Psychophysiology and Self-Regulation at RIT’s Institute of Health Sciences and Technology and Clinical Associate Professor in Pediatrics at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, and Dr. Stephen Jacobs, Associate Professor of RIT’s School of Interactive Games and Media, on a project called, “MindGamers.” It is a role-playing video game designed to teach calming and self-regulating skills to teenagers with autism spectrum and obsessive-compulsive disorders. The idea is for a patient to play the game during a therapy session in an effort to learn to control stress and overcome certain thoughts and behaviors. While the game is still being developed, the trio hopes to have a playable first-level game by fall.
Rice and Anne Hope, recent graduate of the MHC program who now works for Sugarman, are both quoted in the article.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair