Rice's Collaboration with RIT Featured in Democrat & Chronicle
The collaboration between Dr. Rob Rice, Director of Clinical Internships in the Mental Health Counseling Program, and two colleagues from the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), was recently featured in the Democrat & Chronicle.
Earlier this year, Rice worked with Dr. Laurence Sugarman, Director of the Center for Applied Psychophysiology and Self-Regulation at RIT’s Institute of Health Sciences and Technology and Clinical Associate Professor in Pediatrics at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, and Dr. Stephen Jacobs, Associate Professor of RIT’s School of Interactive Games and Media, on a project called, “MindGamers.” It is a role-playing video game designed to teach calming and self-regulating skills to teenagers with autism spectrum and obsessive-compulsive disorders. The idea is for a patient to play the game during a therapy session in an effort to learn to control stress and overcome certain thoughts and behaviors. While the game is still being developed, the trio hopes to have a playable first-level game by fall.
Rice and Anne Hope, recent graduate of the MHC program who now works for Sugarman, are both quoted in the article.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference