Pi Mu Epsilon Inducts New Members
The Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences recently announced the induction of four new members of the New York Alpha Sigma Chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon at St. John Fisher College. The induction ceremony was held April 13 in the Hughes Rotunda.
Students Victoria Alfieri, Rachel Kline, and Christopher Manzella were inducted into the chapter. Dr. Donald Muench, Professor of Mathematics and member of the College’s Pioneer Class of 1955, was also inducted into the chapter.
Alfieri is a third-generation Cardinal. Her grandfather, Vincent J. Alfieri, graduated with Muench, and her mother, Shelley Alfieri (nee Lowe), graduated from the College in 1992, making Victoria (Class of 2013) a third-generation Cardinal!
The New York Alpha Sigma Chapter was created in 2011 as the 351st chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon. As a national mathematics honor society, Pi Mu Epsilon is devoted to the promotion of scholarly activity in mathematics at academic institutions.
From L to R: Donald Muench, Christopher Manzella, Rachael Kline, and Victoria Alfieri.
Latest College News Stories
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company