Sodano Chosen as Faculty Fellow for Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Seminar
Dr. Todd Sodano, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism, was one of 20 faculty fellows chosen from colleges and universities across the country for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Faculty Seminar.
The seminar took place in Los Angeles, and offered faculty opportunities to see how television entertainment works behind-the-scenes. The faculty fellows were chosen by a selection committee.
The five-day seminar included lively group discussions, presentations, and interactions with major studios, production companies, major television networks and their top production and programming professionals.
Sodano said the seminar was “an incredible look into the current—and future—state of television.”
During the seminar, the group toured Stargate Studios, the visual effects hub for shows including The Walking Dead, Parenthood, and Pan Am. They also visited the Warner Bros. lot and toured the sets of popular shows such as Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and Conan.
Session topics included: “Producers and Writers: How they function,” “Directors: Learn the similarities and differences of working in different genres,” “Development: Sources and development of ideas, network pitching,” “Network/Cable Decision-Making: Program selection, scheduling, promotion, cancellation,” “Digital Entertainment and New Media: Learn the newest information,” “Out Visits: Behind-the-scenes, new technology,” and “Production Meetings: See industry pros in action.”
The annual seminar is administered by the Television Academy Foundation’s Education Programs Department.
Sodano with Kelley Dixon, Emmy-nominated editor for the television series "Breaking Bad."
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference