Sodano Chosen as Faculty Fellow for Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Seminar
Dr. Todd Sodano, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism, was one of 20 faculty fellows chosen from colleges and universities across the country for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Faculty Seminar.
The seminar took place in Los Angeles, and offered faculty opportunities to see how television entertainment works behind-the-scenes. The faculty fellows were chosen by a selection committee.
The five-day seminar included lively group discussions, presentations, and interactions with major studios, production companies, major television networks and their top production and programming professionals.
Sodano said the seminar was “an incredible look into the current—and future—state of television.”
During the seminar, the group toured Stargate Studios, the visual effects hub for shows including The Walking Dead, Parenthood, and Pan Am. They also visited the Warner Bros. lot and toured the sets of popular shows such as Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and Conan.
Session topics included: “Producers and Writers: How they function,” “Directors: Learn the similarities and differences of working in different genres,” “Development: Sources and development of ideas, network pitching,” “Network/Cable Decision-Making: Program selection, scheduling, promotion, cancellation,” “Digital Entertainment and New Media: Learn the newest information,” “Out Visits: Behind-the-scenes, new technology,” and “Production Meetings: See industry pros in action.”
The annual seminar is administered by the Television Academy Foundation’s Education Programs Department.
Sodano with Kelley Dixon, Emmy-nominated editor for the television series "Breaking Bad."
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History