Accounting Students Place as Runner-Up in National Deloitte FanTAXtic Competition
Five St. John Fisher College accounting students traveled to Deloitte University in Dallas, Texas on January 17-19 to compete in the second round of the Deloitte FanTAXtic Competition, and placed as a runner-up.
Jason Wilson (MBA) ’14, Maria Siler (B.S. Accounting) ’14, Kyle Ingalls (B.S. Accounting) ’14, Marissa Budwey (B.S. Accounting) ‘16, and Michael Roman (B.S. Accounting) ‘16 competed in Dallas after placing in the top 9 of the first round, which took place in Boston in early November. They were accompanied by Professor Lynn Mucenski-Keck for both trips.
The top three teams came from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Texas A&M University, and University of Southern California. Other competing teams were from Brigham Young University, Fordham University, North Carolina State University, University of Northern Colorado, and the College of William and Mary.
Students competed during the evening on Friday, throughout the day on Saturday, and attended the dinner reception and awards ceremony that evening. Bobsled 2010 Olympic gold medalist, Steve Mesler, served as the guest speaker.
“I am very proud of the Fisher team. They not only represented the school well, but amazed me in everything that they were able to accomplish in such a short period of time,” said Mucenski-Keck. “I have no doubt in my mind that all of them will have wonderful futures in the accounting profession.”
The annual competition attracts a total of 71 participating teams from 49 colleges and universities throughout the country. Deloitte FanTAXtic is an interactive program sponsored by Deloitte and the Deloitte Foundation to familiarize students with the tax profession early in their careers, with local Deloitte tax professionals offering support and guidance.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Two Papers in Education Journals
- Fisher to Play Host to Bertrand Russell Society Annual Conference
- Tubiolo Presents at State Archaeology Conference
- Fisher Athletes Make History
- Buffalo Bills Release 2016 Training Camp Schedule
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Dean of School of Business
- Fisher Hosts High-rise Drill for Local Fire Departments Sunday
- Inaugural Ed.D. Cohort Graduates from Syracuse Extension Site; Rochester Graduates Honored at Local Hooding