Hands for Hope Volleyball Tournament October 23
The Council for Exceptional Children will be spiking for charity on Tuesday, October 23, with the Hands for Hope Volleyball Tournament. Proceeds will benefit the Andrews Center in Rochester. The tournament will take place in the Student Life Center at 6:30 p.m.
The Andrews Center provides a stable and loving home to children with medical, emotional, and physical needs while in foster care.
The tournament is now accepting teams of eight players (at least two girls per team), and each team will be playing in honor of one Andrews Center child. Team members are required to pay a $5.00 donation to play. In addition, teams will be raising funds and getting sponsors to support their child and other children from the Center.
A grand prize of $50 per player will be given to the team that raises the most money, and the players from the tournament’s winning team will each receive a $25 gift card or cash prize. Over $1,000.00 in gift cards and Disney tickets will be raffled at the tournament. Raffle tickets can be purchased ahead of time or at the tournament.
Interested participants can still sign up in the Campus Center Atrium on October 19 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference