Hands for Hope Volleyball Tournament October 23
The Council for Exceptional Children will be spiking for charity on Tuesday, October 23, with the Hands for Hope Volleyball Tournament. Proceeds will benefit the Andrews Center in Rochester. The tournament will take place in the Student Life Center at 6:30 p.m.
The Andrews Center provides a stable and loving home to children with medical, emotional, and physical needs while in foster care.
The tournament is now accepting teams of eight players (at least two girls per team), and each team will be playing in honor of one Andrews Center child. Team members are required to pay a $5.00 donation to play. In addition, teams will be raising funds and getting sponsors to support their child and other children from the Center.
A grand prize of $50 per player will be given to the team that raises the most money, and the players from the tournament’s winning team will each receive a $25 gift card or cash prize. Over $1,000.00 in gift cards and Disney tickets will be raffled at the tournament. Raffle tickets can be purchased ahead of time or at the tournament.
Interested participants can still sign up in the Campus Center Atrium on October 19 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems