Hands for Hope Volleyball Tournament October 23
The Council for Exceptional Children will be spiking for charity on Tuesday, October 23, with the Hands for Hope Volleyball Tournament. Proceeds will benefit the Andrews Center in Rochester. The tournament will take place in the Student Life Center at 6:30 p.m.
The Andrews Center provides a stable and loving home to children with medical, emotional, and physical needs while in foster care.
The tournament is now accepting teams of eight players (at least two girls per team), and each team will be playing in honor of one Andrews Center child. Team members are required to pay a $5.00 donation to play. In addition, teams will be raising funds and getting sponsors to support their child and other children from the Center.
A grand prize of $50 per player will be given to the team that raises the most money, and the players from the tournament’s winning team will each receive a $25 gift card or cash prize. Over $1,000.00 in gift cards and Disney tickets will be raffled at the tournament. Raffle tickets can be purchased ahead of time or at the tournament.
Interested participants can still sign up in the Campus Center Atrium on October 19 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Latest College News Stories
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award