Hands for Hope Volleyball Tournament October 23
The Council for Exceptional Children will be spiking for charity on Tuesday, October 23, with the Hands for Hope Volleyball Tournament. Proceeds will benefit the Andrews Center in Rochester. The tournament will take place in the Student Life Center at 6:30 p.m.
The Andrews Center provides a stable and loving home to children with medical, emotional, and physical needs while in foster care.
The tournament is now accepting teams of eight players (at least two girls per team), and each team will be playing in honor of one Andrews Center child. Team members are required to pay a $5.00 donation to play. In addition, teams will be raising funds and getting sponsors to support their child and other children from the Center.
A grand prize of $50 per player will be given to the team that raises the most money, and the players from the tournament’s winning team will each receive a $25 gift card or cash prize. Over $1,000.00 in gift cards and Disney tickets will be raffled at the tournament. Raffle tickets can be purchased ahead of time or at the tournament.
Interested participants can still sign up in the Campus Center Atrium on October 19 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Latest College News Stories
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa
- College Debuts New TV Commercials
- Rice Elected to American Studies Association Committee
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight