Lackmann Culinary Services Contract Renewed, Renovations Planned
The College has awarded Lackmann Culinary Services with a new five-year agreement, enabling the company to continue to provide food services to the campus. Lackmann’s current contract is set to expire May 31, 2013. As part of the new agreement, Lackmann is planning to renovate the Ward/Haffey cafeteria beginning this summer.
Plans are in place to reconfigure the main serving lines to allow for a better flow through the various stations, which should minimize the wait time. According to Larry Jacobson, Director of Facilities Services, the existing serving lines are 13 years old, so the renovation should improve the area’s functionality.
The renovation project will also incorporate several new concepts, including:
- An expansion and combination of the deli and grill areas to provide hot sandwiches and better utilize serving staff;
- An expansion of the main line to increase display cooking capabilities, including interchangeable hot and cold stations;
- Improvement to the Chef’s table for display cooking, including exhaust hoods;
- An improved salad bar;
- Integration of the pasta and pizza stations to improve wait time;
- Creation of a centralized “My Pantry” area;
- A newly dedicated gluten-free area;
- A newly dedicated coffee and dessert station;
- An improved tray drop-off area.
In addition, students returning in the fall can expect to see changes in the Cyber Café, as Lackmann will be making renovations that will improve customer flow, decrease wait time, and increase the product offerings.
And for the third year in a row, Fisher’s Lackmann unit also recently won the company’s “Unit of the Year” award, given annually to a unit that exhibits: culinary creativity; superior guest relations and client satisfaction; successful implementation of the company’s programs; and the Lackmann gift of hospitality.
From L to R: Joel Kraft, Regional Executive Chef; Andrea Maccarone, Director; Kyle Muench, Ward Haffey Sous Chef; Wade Griffin, Chef d’ Cuisine; and Becky Stoughtenger, Retail Manager.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer