Lackmann Culinary Services Contract Renewed, Renovations Planned
The College has awarded Lackmann Culinary Services with a new five-year agreement, enabling the company to continue to provide food services to the campus. Lackmann’s current contract is set to expire May 31, 2013. As part of the new agreement, Lackmann is planning to renovate the Ward/Haffey cafeteria beginning this summer.
Plans are in place to reconfigure the main serving lines to allow for a better flow through the various stations, which should minimize the wait time. According to Larry Jacobson, Director of Facilities Services, the existing serving lines are 13 years old, so the renovation should improve the area’s functionality.
The renovation project will also incorporate several new concepts, including:
- An expansion and combination of the deli and grill areas to provide hot sandwiches and better utilize serving staff;
- An expansion of the main line to increase display cooking capabilities, including interchangeable hot and cold stations;
- Improvement to the Chef’s table for display cooking, including exhaust hoods;
- An improved salad bar;
- Integration of the pasta and pizza stations to improve wait time;
- Creation of a centralized “My Pantry” area;
- A newly dedicated gluten-free area;
- A newly dedicated coffee and dessert station;
- An improved tray drop-off area.
In addition, students returning in the fall can expect to see changes in the Cyber Café, as Lackmann will be making renovations that will improve customer flow, decrease wait time, and increase the product offerings.
And for the third year in a row, Fisher’s Lackmann unit also recently won the company’s “Unit of the Year” award, given annually to a unit that exhibits: culinary creativity; superior guest relations and client satisfaction; successful implementation of the company’s programs; and the Lackmann gift of hospitality.
From L to R: Joel Kraft, Regional Executive Chef; Andrea Maccarone, Director; Kyle Muench, Ward Haffey Sous Chef; Wade Griffin, Chef d’ Cuisine; and Becky Stoughtenger, Retail Manager.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- Karim Publishes Paper in International Physics Journal
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship