CEO of Ireland’s Nursing Board Visits Campus
On January 14 and 15, Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner and the Wegmans School of Nursing hosted Dr. Maura Pidgeon, Chief Executive Officer of Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann, the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
Pidgeon spent her time here visiting the School of Nursing faculty to discuss undergraduate education along with advanced practice nursing graduate and doctoral education. She also toured the school, simulation labs, and was hosted for a visit and tour of the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) by Pat Witzel, URMC Chief Nursing Officer and Senior Vice President of Patient Care.
An Bord Altranais is the regulatory body for the nursing profession in Ireland. It was established by the Nurses Act, 1950 to take over the functions of two bodies, the Central Midwives Board and the General Nursing Council, which had been established in 1918 and 1919, respectively. The Board was reconstituted and its functions were redefined and expanded by the Nurses Act, 1985.
Latest College News Stories
- “The Whole Patient” Panel Coming February 9
- Salerno Visits Graduate Class
- O'Connor Ermi Surpasses 100 Career Wins
- Education Students Benefit from Partnership with Greece School District
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture