CEO of Ireland’s Nursing Board Visits Campus
On January 14 and 15, Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner and the Wegmans School of Nursing hosted Dr. Maura Pidgeon, Chief Executive Officer of Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann, the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
Pidgeon spent her time here visiting the School of Nursing faculty to discuss undergraduate education along with advanced practice nursing graduate and doctoral education. She also toured the school, simulation labs, and was hosted for a visit and tour of the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) by Pat Witzel, URMC Chief Nursing Officer and Senior Vice President of Patient Care.
An Bord Altranais is the regulatory body for the nursing profession in Ireland. It was established by the Nurses Act, 1950 to take over the functions of two bodies, the Central Midwives Board and the General Nursing Council, which had been established in 1918 and 1919, respectively. The Board was reconstituted and its functions were redefined and expanded by the Nurses Act, 1985.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year