CEO of Ireland’s Nursing Board Visits Campus
On January 14 and 15, Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner and the Wegmans School of Nursing hosted Dr. Maura Pidgeon, Chief Executive Officer of Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann, the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
Pidgeon spent her time here visiting the School of Nursing faculty to discuss undergraduate education along with advanced practice nursing graduate and doctoral education. She also toured the school, simulation labs, and was hosted for a visit and tour of the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) by Pat Witzel, URMC Chief Nursing Officer and Senior Vice President of Patient Care.
An Bord Altranais is the regulatory body for the nursing profession in Ireland. It was established by the Nurses Act, 1950 to take over the functions of two bodies, the Central Midwives Board and the General Nursing Council, which had been established in 1918 and 1919, respectively. The Board was reconstituted and its functions were redefined and expanded by the Nurses Act, 1985.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Accounting Professor Selected for Third Fulbright
- Lavery Librarians Win Audience Award at Fast Pitch Competition
- Share Your Family Recipes with the Fisher Cookbook
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fall Athletes Achieve Historic Seasons for Fisher
- Stress Free Week Activities Help Ease Finals Frenzy
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors