CEO of Ireland’s Nursing Board Visits Campus
On January 14 and 15, Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner and the Wegmans School of Nursing hosted Dr. Maura Pidgeon, Chief Executive Officer of Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann, the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
Pidgeon spent her time here visiting the School of Nursing faculty to discuss undergraduate education along with advanced practice nursing graduate and doctoral education. She also toured the school, simulation labs, and was hosted for a visit and tour of the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) by Pat Witzel, URMC Chief Nursing Officer and Senior Vice President of Patient Care.
An Bord Altranais is the regulatory body for the nursing profession in Ireland. It was established by the Nurses Act, 1950 to take over the functions of two bodies, the Central Midwives Board and the General Nursing Council, which had been established in 1918 and 1919, respectively. The Board was reconstituted and its functions were redefined and expanded by the Nurses Act, 1985.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website
- Fisher to Break Ground on New Chapel