CEO of Ireland’s Nursing Board Visits Campus
On January 14 and 15, Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner and the Wegmans School of Nursing hosted Dr. Maura Pidgeon, Chief Executive Officer of Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann, the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
Pidgeon spent her time here visiting the School of Nursing faculty to discuss undergraduate education along with advanced practice nursing graduate and doctoral education. She also toured the school, simulation labs, and was hosted for a visit and tour of the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) by Pat Witzel, URMC Chief Nursing Officer and Senior Vice President of Patient Care.
An Bord Altranais is the regulatory body for the nursing profession in Ireland. It was established by the Nurses Act, 1950 to take over the functions of two bodies, the Central Midwives Board and the General Nursing Council, which had been established in 1918 and 1919, respectively. The Board was reconstituted and its functions were redefined and expanded by the Nurses Act, 1985.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference