Kline Presents at Mathematics Conference
Mathematics major Rachael Kline attended the 16th Annual Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln during the last weekend of January.
The conference is an annual gathering where undergraduate women can learn more about the opportunities mathematics presents both in the workforce as well as in graduate studies. Kline presented a poster on the research she conducted on the Asymptotic Spectral Properties of the Schrodinger Operator with Thue-Morse Potential this past summer at the Cornell University Summer Math Institute during the conference.
Kline said the most important piece of advice she took from the conference is to be confident in both the knowledge and the skills gained from a liberal arts education.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference