Kline Presents at Mathematics Conference
Mathematics major Rachael Kline attended the 16th Annual Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln during the last weekend of January.
The conference is an annual gathering where undergraduate women can learn more about the opportunities mathematics presents both in the workforce as well as in graduate studies. Kline presented a poster on the research she conducted on the Asymptotic Spectral Properties of the Schrodinger Operator with Thue-Morse Potential this past summer at the Cornell University Summer Math Institute during the conference.
Kline said the most important piece of advice she took from the conference is to be confident in both the knowledge and the skills gained from a liberal arts education.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems