Fisher Student-Athletes Take Part in Annual Winter Walk
Student-athletes from St. John Fisher College and Nazareth College teamed up on Sunday, February 16, to host the 5th Annual Winter Walk for Strong kids raising over $1,700 to benefit the Golisano Children's Hospital.
The event took place at the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center and included a short kid-friendly walk around campus followed by fun activities indoors including carnival games, cookie decorating, and a bounce house.
The Winter Walk, which is organized each year by the Student Athlete Advisory Committees of the two schools in conjunction with the Battle of the Beaks campaign, utilizes the Fisher and Nazareth rivalry to raise donations for the Golisano Children's Hospital.
On the court last Friday evening, Fisher defeated Nazareth on the men's side 67-65 and the Fisher women followed it up with a 66-57 win.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer