Fisher Student-Athletes Take Part in Annual Winter Walk
Student-athletes from St. John Fisher College and Nazareth College teamed up on Sunday, February 16, to host the 5th Annual Winter Walk for Strong kids raising over $1,700 to benefit the Golisano Children's Hospital.
The event took place at the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center and included a short kid-friendly walk around campus followed by fun activities indoors including carnival games, cookie decorating, and a bounce house.
The Winter Walk, which is organized each year by the Student Athlete Advisory Committees of the two schools in conjunction with the Battle of the Beaks campaign, utilizes the Fisher and Nazareth rivalry to raise donations for the Golisano Children's Hospital.
On the court last Friday evening, Fisher defeated Nazareth on the men's side 67-65 and the Fisher women followed it up with a 66-57 win.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year