Fisher Student-Athletes Take Part in Annual Winter Walk
Student-athletes from St. John Fisher College and Nazareth College teamed up on Sunday, February 16, to host the 5th Annual Winter Walk for Strong kids raising over $1,700 to benefit the Golisano Children's Hospital.
The event took place at the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center and included a short kid-friendly walk around campus followed by fun activities indoors including carnival games, cookie decorating, and a bounce house.
The Winter Walk, which is organized each year by the Student Athlete Advisory Committees of the two schools in conjunction with the Battle of the Beaks campaign, utilizes the Fisher and Nazareth rivalry to raise donations for the Golisano Children's Hospital.
On the court last Friday evening, Fisher defeated Nazareth on the men's side 67-65 and the Fisher women followed it up with a 66-57 win.
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation