Fisher Student-Athletes Take Part in Annual Winter Walk
Student-athletes from St. John Fisher College and Nazareth College teamed up on Sunday, February 16, to host the 5th Annual Winter Walk for Strong kids raising over $1,700 to benefit the Golisano Children's Hospital.
The event took place at the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center and included a short kid-friendly walk around campus followed by fun activities indoors including carnival games, cookie decorating, and a bounce house.
The Winter Walk, which is organized each year by the Student Athlete Advisory Committees of the two schools in conjunction with the Battle of the Beaks campaign, utilizes the Fisher and Nazareth rivalry to raise donations for the Golisano Children's Hospital.
On the court last Friday evening, Fisher defeated Nazareth on the men's side 67-65 and the Fisher women followed it up with a 66-57 win.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher