Fisher Student-Athletes Take Part in Annual Winter Walk
Student-athletes from St. John Fisher College and Nazareth College teamed up on Sunday, February 16, to host the 5th Annual Winter Walk for Strong kids raising over $1,700 to benefit the Golisano Children's Hospital.
The event took place at the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center and included a short kid-friendly walk around campus followed by fun activities indoors including carnival games, cookie decorating, and a bounce house.
The Winter Walk, which is organized each year by the Student Athlete Advisory Committees of the two schools in conjunction with the Battle of the Beaks campaign, utilizes the Fisher and Nazareth rivalry to raise donations for the Golisano Children's Hospital.
On the court last Friday evening, Fisher defeated Nazareth on the men's side 67-65 and the Fisher women followed it up with a 66-57 win.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Lavery Library Receives Grant from Rochester Regional Library Council
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists