Faculty Participate in Brain Game
For the second year, a group of St. John Fisher College faculty members participated in an annual trivia contest called “The Brain Game,” a fundraiser for Literacy Volunteers of Rochester. The event took place on October 11 at the Radisson Hotel in Rochester.
The Brain Game fundraiser takes place every fall, with teams of attorneys, accountants, financial planners, and employees from other local companies who compete for the championship. Contestants answer questions about art, geography, local history, science, and music. The game includes “lifelines” that contestants can use with the audience for help.
The Fisher team included Dr. Angela Amoia, Assistant Professor of Chemistry; Dr. Dougie Bicket, Associate Professor of Communication/Journalism; Dr. Cara Welch, Assistant Professor of Modern Languages; Dr. Jeff Liles, Associate Professor of Education; Dr. Lisa Jadwin, Professor of English; and Dr. Jon Holz, Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology. The team advanced to the second round, and answered a range of questions from science to Rochester history, including one question about Rochester furniture maker Wendell Castle.
Pictured from L to R: Dr. Angela Amoia, Dr. Dougie Bicket, and Dr. Cara Welch, with Dr. Jeff Liles. Photo courtesy of Soudan Photography.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class