Faculty Participate in Brain Game
For the second year, a group of St. John Fisher College faculty members participated in an annual trivia contest called “The Brain Game,” a fundraiser for Literacy Volunteers of Rochester. The event took place on October 11 at the Radisson Hotel in Rochester.
The Brain Game fundraiser takes place every fall, with teams of attorneys, accountants, financial planners, and employees from other local companies who compete for the championship. Contestants answer questions about art, geography, local history, science, and music. The game includes “lifelines” that contestants can use with the audience for help.
The Fisher team included Dr. Angela Amoia, Assistant Professor of Chemistry; Dr. Dougie Bicket, Associate Professor of Communication/Journalism; Dr. Cara Welch, Assistant Professor of Modern Languages; Dr. Jeff Liles, Associate Professor of Education; Dr. Lisa Jadwin, Professor of English; and Dr. Jon Holz, Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology. The team advanced to the second round, and answered a range of questions from science to Rochester history, including one question about Rochester furniture maker Wendell Castle.
Pictured from L to R: Dr. Angela Amoia, Dr. Dougie Bicket, and Dr. Cara Welch, with Dr. Jeff Liles. Photo courtesy of Soudan Photography.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus