Faculty Participate in Brain Game
For the second year, a group of St. John Fisher College faculty members participated in an annual trivia contest called “The Brain Game,” a fundraiser for Literacy Volunteers of Rochester. The event took place on October 11 at the Radisson Hotel in Rochester.
The Brain Game fundraiser takes place every fall, with teams of attorneys, accountants, financial planners, and employees from other local companies who compete for the championship. Contestants answer questions about art, geography, local history, science, and music. The game includes “lifelines” that contestants can use with the audience for help.
The Fisher team included Dr. Angela Amoia, Assistant Professor of Chemistry; Dr. Dougie Bicket, Associate Professor of Communication/Journalism; Dr. Cara Welch, Assistant Professor of Modern Languages; Dr. Jeff Liles, Associate Professor of Education; Dr. Lisa Jadwin, Professor of English; and Dr. Jon Holz, Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology. The team advanced to the second round, and answered a range of questions from science to Rochester history, including one question about Rochester furniture maker Wendell Castle.
Pictured from L to R: Dr. Angela Amoia, Dr. Dougie Bicket, and Dr. Cara Welch, with Dr. Jeff Liles. Photo courtesy of Soudan Photography.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition