Faculty Participate in Brain Game
For the second year, a group of St. John Fisher College faculty members participated in an annual trivia contest called “The Brain Game,” a fundraiser for Literacy Volunteers of Rochester. The event took place on October 11 at the Radisson Hotel in Rochester.
The Brain Game fundraiser takes place every fall, with teams of attorneys, accountants, financial planners, and employees from other local companies who compete for the championship. Contestants answer questions about art, geography, local history, science, and music. The game includes “lifelines” that contestants can use with the audience for help.
The Fisher team included Dr. Angela Amoia, Assistant Professor of Chemistry; Dr. Dougie Bicket, Associate Professor of Communication/Journalism; Dr. Cara Welch, Assistant Professor of Modern Languages; Dr. Jeff Liles, Associate Professor of Education; Dr. Lisa Jadwin, Professor of English; and Dr. Jon Holz, Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology. The team advanced to the second round, and answered a range of questions from science to Rochester history, including one question about Rochester furniture maker Wendell Castle.
Pictured from L to R: Dr. Angela Amoia, Dr. Dougie Bicket, and Dr. Cara Welch, with Dr. Jeff Liles. Photo courtesy of Soudan Photography.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Three at School of Education Complete Crisis Intervention Certification Program