Faculty Participate in Brain Game
For the second year, a group of St. John Fisher College faculty members participated in an annual trivia contest called “The Brain Game,” a fundraiser for Literacy Volunteers of Rochester. The event took place on October 11 at the Radisson Hotel in Rochester.
The Brain Game fundraiser takes place every fall, with teams of attorneys, accountants, financial planners, and employees from other local companies who compete for the championship. Contestants answer questions about art, geography, local history, science, and music. The game includes “lifelines” that contestants can use with the audience for help.
The Fisher team included Dr. Angela Amoia, Assistant Professor of Chemistry; Dr. Dougie Bicket, Associate Professor of Communication/Journalism; Dr. Cara Welch, Assistant Professor of Modern Languages; Dr. Jeff Liles, Associate Professor of Education; Dr. Lisa Jadwin, Professor of English; and Dr. Jon Holz, Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology. The team advanced to the second round, and answered a range of questions from science to Rochester history, including one question about Rochester furniture maker Wendell Castle.
Pictured from L to R: Dr. Angela Amoia, Dr. Dougie Bicket, and Dr. Cara Welch, with Dr. Jeff Liles. Photo courtesy of Soudan Photography.
Latest College News Stories
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000