31st Annual Teddi Dance for Love This Weekend
The Student Life Center will soon be home to a giant balloon arch, designed to stay afloat for 24 hours of dancing for love, as the annual Teddi Dance for Love gets underway this Friday, February 8, beginning at 8:00 p.m. This year marks the 31st annual Teddi Dance for Love, which, to date, has raised nearly $850,000 for Camp Good Days and Special Times.
Hundreds of St. John Fisher College students, faculty, and staff will lace up their dancing shoes for 24 continuous hours to raise money for Camp Good Days, an organization for children and their families who are touched by cancer and other life challenges. So far, the committee has registered 380 dancers. Their goal is to have a total of 500 dancers and raise $48,000.
"Teddi has been going on for so long now but I am so glad to say that it has not lost its importance at all,” said Danielle Allington, Chair of this year’s event. “Everyone on the committee and every person that is even slightly involved in the dance knows that what they are doing will be treasured so much by the kids from Camp Good Days. It's so nice to see so many people help out to let these kids have a carefree time, even if it is just for a week."
The proceeds from the event help grant the last wishes of Camp Good Days’ children, offering them a chance to enjoy a trip to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and other destinations in Orlando. Last year, the College raised over $45,000 and collected a total of 1,305 inches of hair for Locks of Love.
This year’s Honorary Chair is Steve Hausmann of WBEE’s Morning Coffee Club.
2013 Teddi sponsors include: B. Giambrone & Co., Barnes & Noble, Buffalo Bills, Byrne Dairy, Carbone Auto Group, Crystal Rock Bottled Water, David's Salon and Spa, Fisher Price, G.A. Braun, General Mills, Ginna Nuclear Power Plant, Golden Tans/ Sun Tan City, Hair Works, Home Depot, Lackmann, Lonsdale Salon, Mass Mutual, Men’s Wearhouse, Midstate Bakery, Monroe Muffler/Brake, Palmer Food Service, Shea Provisions INC., and Tops Friendly Markets.
The event schedule is as follows:
- 7:20-7:50 p.m. - Measure 13
- 8:00-8:30 p.m. - Opening Ceremonies
- 8:30-8:55 p.m. - Warm Up/Jazzercise with Priche Smith
- 8:55-9:40 p.m. - Boy Band
- 9:40-9:55 p.m. - Spirit People Wedding
- 9:55-10:00 p.m. - Teach Teddi Line Dance
- 10:00-11:00 p.m. - Group Dance/Fisher Dance
- 11:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m. - LIVE BAND-441
- 12:00-12:30 a.m. - Pizza & Wings Break
- 12:30-1:00 a.m. - America
- 1:00-2:00 a.m. - One Hit Wonders
- 2:00-2:30 a.m. - Oldies Songs
- 2:30-3:00 a.m. - Bieber Fever
- 3:00-3:30 a.m. - Michael Jackson
- 3:30-4:30 a.m. - Diva Hour
- 4:30-5:30 a.m. - TV/Movie Theme Songs
- 5:30-6:00 a.m. - Breakfast
- 6:00-7:00 a.m. - Senior Hour
- 7:00-8:00 a.m. - Top Pop
- 7:40 a.m. - Smoothie Break
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. - AVAdventures
- 9:00-9:10 a.m. - Locks of Love “before” presentation
- 9:10-10:10 a.m. - 80s
- 10:10-11:10 a.m. - 90s and 2000s
- 11:10 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Lunch/Garrett MacDonald
- 12:00-12:30 p.m. - Mini –Marathon begins/Zumba with Kendra (RAC)
- 12:30-1:05 p.m. - Jock Jams
- 1:05-1:15 p.m. - Teach Teddi Line Dance
- 1:15-1:30 p.m. - Locks of Love Reveal
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. - Country with Terri Clifford
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. - LIVE BAND-BIG TUNA
- 3:00-6:00 p.m. - Kids Carnival
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. - Alumni Hour
- 4:30-5:00 p.m. - The kids of Camp Good Days visit!/Camp Songs
- 5:00-5:20 p.m. - Disney
- 5:20-6:00 p.m. - Dinner
- 5:45-6:00 p.m. - Final Run-In (Faculty/Staff Support)
- 6:00-7:00 p.m. - Top 40
- 7:00-8:00 p.m. - Committee Hour/Dedication
- 8:00-8:30 p.m. - Closing Ceremonies
For more information about this year’s event, visit http://teddi.sjfc.edu/ or follow @TeddiDance4Love on Twitter.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Inaugural Campus Convocation Generates Conversations about Campus Mission
- Wes Renfro Delivers Convocation at Alma Mater
- College Renovates Park & Ride; Adds 120 Parking Spots
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers