Pharmacy Students, Faculty Mentors Named Recipients of AACP Walmart Scholars Program
Two student—faculty mentor pairs from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy were recently named recipients of the AACP Walmart Scholars Program.
P-3 student Daniel Austin, and his faculty mentor, Dr. Sridhar Anand, Assistant Professor, along with P-3 student Alyssa Pignato, and her faculty mentor, Dr. Christine Birnie, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, won the award.
The goal of the national scholarship program is to strengthen the recipient’s skills and commitment to a career in academic pharmacy through their participation at the AACP Annual Meeting. This is the 13th year of the scholarship fund, which will award $1,000 scholarships to up to 85 student-faculty pairs to attend the 2013 AACP Annual Meeting and Teachers Seminar in Chicago, Illinois, July 13-17.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Professor Shares Clinical Pharmacy Best Practices with India University
- Senior Send-Off
- Student Scholars Present at Regional and National Conferences
- Students, Alumni, Community Partners Honored during Education Celebration
- Fisher Education Grads #ThankATeacher
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Reflects on Relationship between Women, Nature
- Fisher Included on Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House