Collaborative Costume Concert for Conservation Scheduled for October 25
Halloween will get an early start at Fisher with the Costume Concert for Conservation, an educational and entertaining event that will take place on Thursday, October 25, from 6:00-8:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage. The event is being sponsored by the Biology Club.
The event will feature a costume contest, raffles with huge prizes, and refreshments. Admission is free, but attendees are asked to bring plastic bottles to recycle, and will receive one raffle ticket for every 20 bottles they bring. Those who attend in costume will get three raffle tickets. Prizes include Wegmans, Cheesecake Factory, and Barnes & Noble gift cards, along with a bicycle donated by the Basilian Fathers.
Music will be performed by Big Tuna and the Fishermen, the faculty and staff group.
Attendees will also learn about their own carbon footprint as educational and informational booths will be set up throughout the event. The booths were created by students and faculty and address a number of environmental issues including water and electricity conservation, pharmaceutical disposal, commuting, and recycling, to name a few.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems