Collaborative Costume Concert for Conservation Scheduled for October 25
Halloween will get an early start at Fisher with the Costume Concert for Conservation, an educational and entertaining event that will take place on Thursday, October 25, from 6:00-8:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage. The event is being sponsored by the Biology Club.
The event will feature a costume contest, raffles with huge prizes, and refreshments. Admission is free, but attendees are asked to bring plastic bottles to recycle, and will receive one raffle ticket for every 20 bottles they bring. Those who attend in costume will get three raffle tickets. Prizes include Wegmans, Cheesecake Factory, and Barnes & Noble gift cards, along with a bicycle donated by the Basilian Fathers.
Music will be performed by Big Tuna and the Fishermen, the faculty and staff group.
Attendees will also learn about their own carbon footprint as educational and informational booths will be set up throughout the event. The booths were created by students and faculty and address a number of environmental issues including water and electricity conservation, pharmaceutical disposal, commuting, and recycling, to name a few.
Latest College News Stories
- Investment Club Students, Finance Pros Celebrate During Shareholders’ Report Dinner
- Relay for Life Celebrates, Remembers, and Fights Against Cancer
- Countdown to Commencement: Tyrese Bryant
- Dr. Theresa Westbay Named Interim Dean of St. John Fisher College School of Arts and Sciences
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year