McCarthy Wins Koon Courage Award
On Sunday, April 27, the Annual Jennifer Patterson Koon Courage Award event was held at the Woodcliff Hotel. Allison McCarthy was named the 2014 recipient of the Courage Award, while Lindsey Kocher and Alyssa Vitch were presented with Honorable Mention Awards. Nominees and their nominators were invited to join the Koon family at the event.
The Jennifer Patterson Koon Courage Award recognizes students who are peacemakers, who foster and maintain positive and supportive relationships that model respect for persons, groups, and for the environment that we share. Recipients are persons who strive to make the world a better and more peaceful place.
McCarthy was described by her nominator, Mary Frazier, as “a person who does not judge, who listens and gives advice. Allison is the type of girl who will help anyone in need. She is humble, a quiet leader, a good friend, and she makes you feel happy all the time.”
From L to R: Nominator Emily Back, Alyssa Vitch, Nominator Mary Frazier, David Koon, Allison McCarthy, Lindsey Kocher.
Latest College News Stories
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award