McCarthy Wins Koon Courage Award
On Sunday, April 27, the Annual Jennifer Patterson Koon Courage Award event was held at the Woodcliff Hotel. Allison McCarthy was named the 2014 recipient of the Courage Award, while Lindsey Kocher and Alyssa Vitch were presented with Honorable Mention Awards. Nominees and their nominators were invited to join the Koon family at the event.
The Jennifer Patterson Koon Courage Award recognizes students who are peacemakers, who foster and maintain positive and supportive relationships that model respect for persons, groups, and for the environment that we share. Recipients are persons who strive to make the world a better and more peaceful place.
McCarthy was described by her nominator, Mary Frazier, as “a person who does not judge, who listens and gives advice. Allison is the type of girl who will help anyone in need. She is humble, a quiet leader, a good friend, and she makes you feel happy all the time.”
From L to R: Nominator Emily Back, Alyssa Vitch, Nominator Mary Frazier, David Koon, Allison McCarthy, Lindsey Kocher.
Latest College News Stories
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company