McCarthy Wins Koon Courage Award
On Sunday, April 27, the Annual Jennifer Patterson Koon Courage Award event was held at the Woodcliff Hotel. Allison McCarthy was named the 2014 recipient of the Courage Award, while Lindsey Kocher and Alyssa Vitch were presented with Honorable Mention Awards. Nominees and their nominators were invited to join the Koon family at the event.
The Jennifer Patterson Koon Courage Award recognizes students who are peacemakers, who foster and maintain positive and supportive relationships that model respect for persons, groups, and for the environment that we share. Recipients are persons who strive to make the world a better and more peaceful place.
McCarthy was described by her nominator, Mary Frazier, as “a person who does not judge, who listens and gives advice. Allison is the type of girl who will help anyone in need. She is humble, a quiet leader, a good friend, and she makes you feel happy all the time.”
From L to R: Nominator Emily Back, Alyssa Vitch, Nominator Mary Frazier, David Koon, Allison McCarthy, Lindsey Kocher.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee