McCarthy Wins Koon Courage Award
On Sunday, April 27, the Annual Jennifer Patterson Koon Courage Award event was held at the Woodcliff Hotel. Allison McCarthy was named the 2014 recipient of the Courage Award, while Lindsey Kocher and Alyssa Vitch were presented with Honorable Mention Awards. Nominees and their nominators were invited to join the Koon family at the event.
The Jennifer Patterson Koon Courage Award recognizes students who are peacemakers, who foster and maintain positive and supportive relationships that model respect for persons, groups, and for the environment that we share. Recipients are persons who strive to make the world a better and more peaceful place.
McCarthy was described by her nominator, Mary Frazier, as “a person who does not judge, who listens and gives advice. Allison is the type of girl who will help anyone in need. She is humble, a quiet leader, a good friend, and she makes you feel happy all the time.”
From L to R: Nominator Emily Back, Alyssa Vitch, Nominator Mary Frazier, David Koon, Allison McCarthy, Lindsey Kocher.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced