McCarthy Wins Koon Courage Award
On Sunday, April 27, the Annual Jennifer Patterson Koon Courage Award event was held at the Woodcliff Hotel. Allison McCarthy was named the 2014 recipient of the Courage Award, while Lindsey Kocher and Alyssa Vitch were presented with Honorable Mention Awards. Nominees and their nominators were invited to join the Koon family at the event.
The Jennifer Patterson Koon Courage Award recognizes students who are peacemakers, who foster and maintain positive and supportive relationships that model respect for persons, groups, and for the environment that we share. Recipients are persons who strive to make the world a better and more peaceful place.
McCarthy was described by her nominator, Mary Frazier, as “a person who does not judge, who listens and gives advice. Allison is the type of girl who will help anyone in need. She is humble, a quiet leader, a good friend, and she makes you feel happy all the time.”
From L to R: Nominator Emily Back, Alyssa Vitch, Nominator Mary Frazier, David Koon, Allison McCarthy, Lindsey Kocher.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference