Over 300 Fisher Families Attend Family Weekend 2012
Over 300 Fisher families attended Family Weekend 2012, which took place October 19-21 on the Fisher campus.
As always, the weekend was full of family-friendly activities. Casino Night kicked off the weekend, hosted by the Student Activities Board (SAB). Students and their families tried their luck playing casino-style games with play money, but real prizes.
Festivities continued Saturday with the Fisher Authors Highlight event in the College Bookstore, which featured literary and academic publishing of the College’s faculty and staff.
Two big athletic events also took place Saturday, with the men’s soccer team taking on Stevens College and the football team facing Ithaca College. The Hospitality Tent on the Keating Terrace, sponsored by the Class of 2014, was open during the football game, and several of Fisher’s student organizations participated in various activities, family games, and fundraisers.
The Dean’s Award Ceremony on Saturday honored those whose academic achievement during the Fall and Spring semesters of 2011 – 2012 earned them the recognition of being named to the Dean’s List.
The Muslim Student Association and the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs held the inaugural Fast-a-Thon, inviting families to learn more about the Muslim tradition of fasting. And the Resident Student Association hosted a Haunted Walk behind Murphy Hall and through the golf course.
To end the weekend, Fisher Players hosted the popular Murder Mystery, and invited families to travel back in time to the roaring 20s at a popular juice joint and try and answer the question, “Who did it?”
Special thanks to the Office of Campus Life, Campus Ministry, Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, Muslim Student Association, Fisher Players, Resident Student Association, the Class of 2014, Lackmann Culinary Services, Athletic Department, and SAB for planning another successful family weekend.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception