Student Art Show in Library; Opening Reception Tonight
Senior Dale Bowers will host an opening reception on Thursday, December 8, for his art show in the St. John Fisher College Lavery Library Main Level Gallery. The reception will take place from 4:30-6:30 p.m., and light refreshments will be served.
The show was Bowers’ arts capstone project, and was completed under the direction of Professor Stephen Piper. Bowers’ main interest is sport photography. He has been the staff photographer for the Rochester Americans and Knighthawks. Additionally, he has worked with the Rochester Rhinos, Buffalo Bills, and other major sports teams.
His worked has been displayed by organizations such as the American Hockey League, National Hockey League, USA Today, Hamilton Spectator (Canada), The Expressen (Sweden), and The Positiviteter (Sweden).
Bowers will be graduating this month with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, with a minor in Visual and Performing Arts. His exhibit will run through January 2, 2012.
One of Bowers' photos in the exhibit.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International