Student Art Show in Library; Opening Reception Tonight
Senior Dale Bowers will host an opening reception on Thursday, December 8, for his art show in the St. John Fisher College Lavery Library Main Level Gallery. The reception will take place from 4:30-6:30 p.m., and light refreshments will be served.
The show was Bowers’ arts capstone project, and was completed under the direction of Professor Stephen Piper. Bowers’ main interest is sport photography. He has been the staff photographer for the Rochester Americans and Knighthawks. Additionally, he has worked with the Rochester Rhinos, Buffalo Bills, and other major sports teams.
His worked has been displayed by organizations such as the American Hockey League, National Hockey League, USA Today, Hamilton Spectator (Canada), The Expressen (Sweden), and The Positiviteter (Sweden).
Bowers will be graduating this month with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, with a minor in Visual and Performing Arts. His exhibit will run through January 2, 2012.
One of Bowers' photos in the exhibit.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair