Fisher to Host 2016 NCAA Men's Golf Championship
The NCAA has announced that St. John Fisher College and Rochester, N.Y., will host the 2016 NCAA Division III Men's Golf Championships. The event will be held at Mendon Golf Club and Midvale Country Club.
Rochester last hosted the NCAA Golf Championship in 1985 as Cal State Stanislaus defeated UC San Diego to claim the crown.
The Cardinals have also hosted an NCAA Championship before as the 2003 and 2004 Women's Lacrosse Championships were decided on the Growney Stadium turf.
The nationally ranked Cardinals have made five appearances at the NCAA Division III Championship, with its best finish coming in 2008 when they finished third overall after leading through three rounds. That year, Scott Harris Jr. won Fisher's only national championship in the College's history, placing first in the individual standings.
Rochester has a rich tradition of hosting championship level golf tournaments including the P.G.A. Championship in 2013, which was played at Oak Hill Country Club and the Wegman's LPGA Championship which will take place on August 11-17, 2014 at Monroe Golf Club.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program