Fisher to Host 2016 NCAA Men's Golf Championship
The NCAA has announced that St. John Fisher College and Rochester, N.Y., will host the 2016 NCAA Division III Men's Golf Championships. The event will be held at Mendon Golf Club and Midvale Country Club.
Rochester last hosted the NCAA Golf Championship in 1985 as Cal State Stanislaus defeated UC San Diego to claim the crown.
The Cardinals have also hosted an NCAA Championship before as the 2003 and 2004 Women's Lacrosse Championships were decided on the Growney Stadium turf.
The nationally ranked Cardinals have made five appearances at the NCAA Division III Championship, with its best finish coming in 2008 when they finished third overall after leading through three rounds. That year, Scott Harris Jr. won Fisher's only national championship in the College's history, placing first in the individual standings.
Rochester has a rich tradition of hosting championship level golf tournaments including the P.G.A. Championship in 2013, which was played at Oak Hill Country Club and the Wegman's LPGA Championship which will take place on August 11-17, 2014 at Monroe Golf Club.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office
- Fisher Students Make Strides