English Club Donates Books to School No. 19
The St. John Fisher College English Club recently donated books valued at over $700 to the Dr. Charles T. Lunsford School No. 19 in Rochester. The donation was the result of proceeds from the club’s Scholastic Book Fair held on campus last December.
School No. 19’s Library Media Specialist Jill Ernst Morse said that the donated books represented about half of her annual budget, and that her students were thrilled to get their hands on the new books.
School No. 19 students and Library Media Specialist Jill Ernst Morse with Jewels White and Skye Drey. White was the 2012-13 English Club President, and recently graduated from Fisher. She is also a member of School No. 19's Class of 2002. Drey '14 is an English and Education major at Fisher.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair