English Club Donates Books to School No. 19
The St. John Fisher College English Club recently donated books valued at over $700 to the Dr. Charles T. Lunsford School No. 19 in Rochester. The donation was the result of proceeds from the club’s Scholastic Book Fair held on campus last December.
School No. 19’s Library Media Specialist Jill Ernst Morse said that the donated books represented about half of her annual budget, and that her students were thrilled to get their hands on the new books.
School No. 19 students and Library Media Specialist Jill Ernst Morse with Jewels White and Skye Drey. White was the 2012-13 English Club President, and recently graduated from Fisher. She is also a member of School No. 19's Class of 2002. Drey '14 is an English and Education major at Fisher.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception