English Club Donates Books to School No. 19
The St. John Fisher College English Club recently donated books valued at over $700 to the Dr. Charles T. Lunsford School No. 19 in Rochester. The donation was the result of proceeds from the club’s Scholastic Book Fair held on campus last December.
School No. 19’s Library Media Specialist Jill Ernst Morse said that the donated books represented about half of her annual budget, and that her students were thrilled to get their hands on the new books.
School No. 19 students and Library Media Specialist Jill Ernst Morse with Jewels White and Skye Drey. White was the 2012-13 English Club President, and recently graduated from Fisher. She is also a member of School No. 19's Class of 2002. Drey '14 is an English and Education major at Fisher.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- October First Friday Lecture Explores Evolving Nature of Science Education
- Center for Youth Honors Fisher’s Rick DeJesús-Rueff
- Optics and Extraterrestrials the Focus of Oct. 13 Loss Lecture
- Fisher Wins Courage Bowl XI in Double Overtime
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Martin Mucci Named Inaugural Influential Leader from AACSB
- Dialogues Explore Issues of Race, Equity, and Justice