English Club Donates Books to School No. 19
The St. John Fisher College English Club recently donated books valued at over $700 to the Dr. Charles T. Lunsford School No. 19 in Rochester. The donation was the result of proceeds from the club’s Scholastic Book Fair held on campus last December.
School No. 19’s Library Media Specialist Jill Ernst Morse said that the donated books represented about half of her annual budget, and that her students were thrilled to get their hands on the new books.
School No. 19 students and Library Media Specialist Jill Ernst Morse with Jewels White and Skye Drey. White was the 2012-13 English Club President, and recently graduated from Fisher. She is also a member of School No. 19's Class of 2002. Drey '14 is an English and Education major at Fisher.
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation