English Club Donates Books to School No. 19
The St. John Fisher College English Club recently donated books valued at over $700 to the Dr. Charles T. Lunsford School No. 19 in Rochester. The donation was the result of proceeds from the club’s Scholastic Book Fair held on campus last December.
School No. 19’s Library Media Specialist Jill Ernst Morse said that the donated books represented about half of her annual budget, and that her students were thrilled to get their hands on the new books.
School No. 19 students and Library Media Specialist Jill Ernst Morse with Jewels White and Skye Drey. White was the 2012-13 English Club President, and recently graduated from Fisher. She is also a member of School No. 19's Class of 2002. Drey '14 is an English and Education major at Fisher.
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification