Fisher Players to Perform Little Shop of Horrors
St. John Fisher College’s Fisher Players will be performing Little Shop of Horrors beginning Friday, November 16, through Sunday, November 18. The show is free for Fisher students, and $5 for the general public.
Little Shop of Horrors is a rock comedy horror musical by composer Alan Menken and writer Howard Ashman. The show is set in September 1960, and the nerdy Seymour Krelborn and beautiful, but ditzy, Audrey, work at Mushnik's Flower Shop in the slums of New York City.
After a day without a single customer, Mushnik wants to close the store. But Audrey persuades him to let Seymour display a "strange and interesting" plant, which he has named "Audrey II,” to attract customers. Immediately, a customer enters and asks Seymour about the plant. Seymour explains that he got the plant from an old Chinese man during an unexpected solar eclipse. The plant successfully attracts several customers, and puts the flower shop back in business. Seymour's attempts to find proper nourishment for the finicky plant are unsuccessful until he accidentally pricks his finger on a rose thorn, and discovers that Audrey II has an appetite for human blood.
Little Shop of Horrors will open Friday, November 16 at 7:00 p.m. Other show dates include: Saturday, November 17 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., and Sunday, November 18 at 2:00 p.m. The show will be held in Cleary Family Auditorium.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video