Fisher Players to Perform Little Shop of Horrors
St. John Fisher College’s Fisher Players will be performing Little Shop of Horrors beginning Friday, November 16, through Sunday, November 18. The show is free for Fisher students, and $5 for the general public.
Little Shop of Horrors is a rock comedy horror musical by composer Alan Menken and writer Howard Ashman. The show is set in September 1960, and the nerdy Seymour Krelborn and beautiful, but ditzy, Audrey, work at Mushnik's Flower Shop in the slums of New York City.
After a day without a single customer, Mushnik wants to close the store. But Audrey persuades him to let Seymour display a "strange and interesting" plant, which he has named "Audrey II,” to attract customers. Immediately, a customer enters and asks Seymour about the plant. Seymour explains that he got the plant from an old Chinese man during an unexpected solar eclipse. The plant successfully attracts several customers, and puts the flower shop back in business. Seymour's attempts to find proper nourishment for the finicky plant are unsuccessful until he accidentally pricks his finger on a rose thorn, and discovers that Audrey II has an appetite for human blood.
Little Shop of Horrors will open Friday, November 16 at 7:00 p.m. Other show dates include: Saturday, November 17 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., and Sunday, November 18 at 2:00 p.m. The show will be held in Cleary Family Auditorium.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Latest College News Stories
- Rice's Collaboration with RIT Featured in Democrat & Chronicle
- Ikpeze Publishes in Education Journal
- College Receives Grant from Finger Lakes Regional Development Council
- MacCammon to Moderate International Arts and Humanities Conference in Hawaii
- Hetzler Interviewed on Lonsberry
- Nursing Students Complete Final Rotation in Peru
- Reed Featured in “School Administrator” Journal
- Fisher Hosts Robotics Competition
- Sarachan Publishes in Journal
- Vosburgh Named d3football.com All-East Region Coach of the Year
- Fisher to Host 2016 NCAA Men's Golf Championship
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Named Top Job; Fisher Program Strong and Growing
- Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
- 2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa