Pasan parte de su verano en España!
The Department of Modern Languages and Cultures has announced a brand new study abroad program for the summer of 2011. Fisher in Spain is a faculty-led program, provided by Seville’s Geranios Language School, a Spanish private institution that has been organizing language immersion programs for almost 30 years.
The program will run from May 21 through June 17, 2011, and will include 20 class sessions, giving students the opportunity to earn seven college credits. But the learning opportunities do not end there. Students may choose to live with another student or live alone with a host family, and the hosts will incorporate the students into their daily lives.
Seville, the fourth largest city in Spain, is the artistic, cultural, and financial capital of southern Spain. Students will also enjoy three weekend trips to Córdoba, Cádiz, Granada, and Costa de la Luz.
Courses offered include:
- A combination of LSPN 210: Spanish Culture and Civilization and LSPN 107, 207 or 307: Beginning, Intermediate or Advanced Spanish
- A combination of SOCI 190/GISP 680: Contemporary Issues in Spanish Society (taught in English) PLUS LSPN 107 P5: Beginning Spanish
“We think this program might be attractive for students from all majors, as you do not need to have any prior knowledge of Spanish to participate,” said Dr. Francisco Plata, Assistant Professor of Spanish.
The total cost of the program is $6,495 and includes:
- Tuition, 7 college credits
- Full board
- Airfare from Rochester to Seville
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Books/class materials and Internet access
- Transportation to and from airport, and local transportation
- Afternoon activities and weekend trips
- Entry fees for museums and monuments
The application deadline is January 28, 2011, and requires a $1,295 deposit for airline reservations. For more information, please contact Dr. Terry May, Foreign Study Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 385-8215.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference