Pasan parte de su verano en España!
The Department of Modern Languages and Cultures has announced a brand new study abroad program for the summer of 2011. Fisher in Spain is a faculty-led program, provided by Seville’s Geranios Language School, a Spanish private institution that has been organizing language immersion programs for almost 30 years.
The program will run from May 21 through June 17, 2011, and will include 20 class sessions, giving students the opportunity to earn seven college credits. But the learning opportunities do not end there. Students may choose to live with another student or live alone with a host family, and the hosts will incorporate the students into their daily lives.
Seville, the fourth largest city in Spain, is the artistic, cultural, and financial capital of southern Spain. Students will also enjoy three weekend trips to Córdoba, Cádiz, Granada, and Costa de la Luz.
Courses offered include:
- A combination of LSPN 210: Spanish Culture and Civilization and LSPN 107, 207 or 307: Beginning, Intermediate or Advanced Spanish
- A combination of SOCI 190/GISP 680: Contemporary Issues in Spanish Society (taught in English) PLUS LSPN 107 P5: Beginning Spanish
“We think this program might be attractive for students from all majors, as you do not need to have any prior knowledge of Spanish to participate,” said Dr. Francisco Plata, Assistant Professor of Spanish.
The total cost of the program is $6,495 and includes:
- Tuition, 7 college credits
- Full board
- Airfare from Rochester to Seville
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Books/class materials and Internet access
- Transportation to and from airport, and local transportation
- Afternoon activities and weekend trips
- Entry fees for museums and monuments
The application deadline is January 28, 2011, and requires a $1,295 deposit for airline reservations. For more information, please contact Dr. Terry May, Foreign Study Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 385-8215.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference