C/J Students Present: Digital Media and Online Communities
On Wednesday, December 15, students from Communication/Journalism 260: Digital Media and Online Communities presented their final video projects to a campus-wide audience. The project encouraged students to practice digital storytelling using original and/or preexisting video footage.
A total of 17 videos were shown, ranging in topic from family and Thanksgiving to autism to taxes to why we study history. Videos were introduced by the student(s) who produced the documentary or remix, and included:
Service Trip to Jamaica 2010 by Michael Thomas
A Piece of the Puzzle: Autism Close to Home by Uwa Oduwa
Typical Family Thanksgiving by Jacob Phillips
The Battle of Students and Finals Week by Adam Dunn
The Obesity of a True American, Peter by Kyle Denhoff
Man on Loko by Brett Okon and Henry Cumoletti
The Reality in Reality TV by John Au
The 45 Day Plan by Andrew Knoblauch
Phil Davison: Inspirational Speaker by Mike Maether
Bad Boys of Showbiz by Sean Canty and Zach Fayette
You Have Got to be Kidding Me by Brian Bean
Underage Drinking by Amber Redden
America's Robin Hood by Kevin Keys
Inception of the Matrix: Our Over Reliance On Technology by Joe Caruso
Why Do We Study History? by James Nagle
“It was an entertaining evening where students had the opportunity to show off their editing skills, their creativity, and their passions,” said assistant professor, Jeremy Sarachan.
A selection of videos is available on St. John Fisher College’s YouTube channel.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine