C/J Students Present: Digital Media and Online Communities
On Wednesday, December 15, students from Communication/Journalism 260: Digital Media and Online Communities presented their final video projects to a campus-wide audience. The project encouraged students to practice digital storytelling using original and/or preexisting video footage.
A total of 17 videos were shown, ranging in topic from family and Thanksgiving to autism to taxes to why we study history. Videos were introduced by the student(s) who produced the documentary or remix, and included:
Service Trip to Jamaica 2010 by Michael Thomas
A Piece of the Puzzle: Autism Close to Home by Uwa Oduwa
Typical Family Thanksgiving by Jacob Phillips
The Battle of Students and Finals Week by Adam Dunn
The Obesity of a True American, Peter by Kyle Denhoff
Man on Loko by Brett Okon and Henry Cumoletti
The Reality in Reality TV by John Au
The 45 Day Plan by Andrew Knoblauch
Phil Davison: Inspirational Speaker by Mike Maether
Bad Boys of Showbiz by Sean Canty and Zach Fayette
You Have Got to be Kidding Me by Brian Bean
Underage Drinking by Amber Redden
America's Robin Hood by Kevin Keys
Inception of the Matrix: Our Over Reliance On Technology by Joe Caruso
Why Do We Study History? by James Nagle
“It was an entertaining evening where students had the opportunity to show off their editing skills, their creativity, and their passions,” said assistant professor, Jeremy Sarachan.
A selection of videos is available on St. John Fisher College’s YouTube channel.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download